Best Game Value 2008

Without a doubt LBP. If we're talking about pure value, LBP has great platforming in an infinite number of ways, depending on everyone's imagination. And we can even share this with people all over the world.

Value? Meaning cost vs. gameplay. I went with Fallout 3 ($30 new and shipped), I got it for a steal of a price and the game is great. Next up would definitely be Left 4 Dead ($25) and Burnout Paradise ($15).

Hard to choose among all those good games

But if it's cost vs gameplay then I would say Rockband 2 ($109 + $25 GC), the amount of fun I had with the game makes it worth the amount spent

Such a difficult choice this year , a lot of great games on that list have great replay or long term value ,
but i ended up choosing Rock Band 2. Though mainly cause i love playing solo or with friends/family or online.... it never gets old!!!

GTA IV and B-K:N&B were my two favorite games of the year, but GTA IV only barely edged out Burnout for my vote. A little bit of free updating can go a long way... and a whole lot of free updating can go a very long way.

i would give it to fallout 3, but little big planet just deserves it.
i mean with the user created content, and content you create, included are levels MM made. this game is endless. and fun.

Left 4 Dead. But only cause I got it for $20 from Amazon. If I had gotten Burnout Paradise with the same price, it would have gotten my vote.

Fallout 3. I played that game so much (and still am) that I actually felt a bit pathetic. Thank you lord for the TV show Lost that my wife had to catch up on so I could play when I wanted.

For 20 bucks I don't think you can get a better deal this year than Burnout Paradise. Easily worth 60, this game is packed full of content and criterion is commited to add content even after being a year old.

Toss up between Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Grand Theft Auto IV, easily the top 2 games of the year.

LittleBigPlanet was the biggest disappointment to me. It had so much potential, and designing stages is nice, but the actual gameplay sucks and ruins the whole game. I want my $60 back.

For me it's between Grand Theft Auto IV and Fallout 3. It's pretty close and I do think Fallout has much more to do, but Grand Theft Auto felt like a great action movie and had me coming back and playing more. They also created more characters that you care for with Niko being one of the most loveable playable character in any recent GTA game.

Haven't tried half of those games on the list, but going through the co-op campaign in GOW2 was a blast...an intense shooter & well worth the money.

Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection (Wii)
NHL 3 vs 3 Arcade

But from this list: Burnout Paradise. I've gotten so many hours of gameplay from this.

bread's done
Back