best GC exclusive titles

draven80

CAG Veteran
K, i just got a GC in prep for Zelda TP, but want to know some good exclusive titles for it or maybe just some that are better on it than other systems. I need some games to waste time till then. Got Tales of Symphonia, which is awsome, but need ideas. ??????????????????????????????

Super Monkeyball 1 or 2 - plays best on cube IMO
Mario Strikes - great multiplayer spin on soccer
F-Zero - fun and challenging
Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes - great remake
Resident Evil - another great remake
Resident Evil 4 - I feel playes better on the cube
Ikaruga - if you like shooters check it out
Zelda Windwaker - some of the best cell shading I've ever seen
Eternal Darkness - great with a 5.1 setup
Pikman 1 or 2 - very unique game

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Viewtiful Joe but thats no longer exclusive.. I also really enjoyed the short Wario World. Its a new school twist on the old school formula. Its like a 2.5D side scrolling Mario Game.

I also really enjoyed Paper Mario for some reason. Then you Have Chibi Robo getting good reviews and being reported as very addicting and fun..

If your into sims then ANimal crossing is a good game Personally I cant stand it but I dont like sim games.

Lastly dont forget the best selling Gamecube game... Super Smash bros. Get a few friends over and youll be hooked.

Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean - Another great RPG to be found on the GameCube from Namco, the same people who brought Tales of Symphonia.

Metroid Prime 1 & 2 - You can't go wrong with Metroid. Easily one of the best games to be played on the GameCube.

Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II & III - One of the best Star Wars games to be found on the GameCube and also one of the best flight-sim games too.

The Mario Party games - There always fun to play and the mini-games are great, especially with 4 people.

I agree with the games that everyone else has mentioned here. If you're an RPG fan, you can't go wrong with Tales of Symphonia and Baten Kaitos but don't forget Skies of Arcadia. I know it's a port from the Dreamcast but good luck finding it now that EB doesn't have any selection anymore. They even added more quests and some nice little extras for the Cube version.

I second Viewtiful Joe and RE4, the number 2 and 3 best games of all time, for me (The first being Perfect Dark.) Those three games are each, in a word, perfect. And they can be found for less than 30 dollars total. Go get 'em (Well, I HOPE you have Perfect Dark by now).

Congrats on getting the GameCube:

The GameCube is the only system that plays all of the Resident Evil games (RE0, RE, RE2, RE3, RECVX, RE4).

The GameCube also plays every single Legend of Zelda game ever made. Either through Zelda Collector's Edition or the GameBoy Player.

If you got the GameCube for Zelda Twilight Princess, you may enjoy Star Fox Adventures and definitely Wind Waker. Do not let the cel-shaded graphics make you not buy the game, you will not regret this purchase.

Check out Eternal Darkness and Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes, these games are tons of fun.

Metroid Prime 1 and 2 are also great FPS/ Adventure games.

Also, the best version of Soul Calibur II is on GameCube ;).

soul caliber 2 and resident evil 1 & 4 will probably be next purchases. I've always been hesitant on wind waker cause of the cartoony graphics though

[quote name='draven80']soul caliber 2 and resident evil 1 & 4 will probably be next purchases. I've always been hesitant on wind waker cause of the cartoony graphics though[/QUOTE]

Your missing out man.

Also to note I recently came across sega soccer slam... and its a blast with a person or two over.

Mario Golf is real fun. Never played that other one.

I was super excited for Soul Calibur 2. So much so that I imported it (for over $70+) before it came to the U.S. I am very disappointed with it and think the game blows chunks compared to it's Dreamcast predecessor. Very disappointing. I didn't bother with the U.S. version and still haven't. Not even at it's cheap ass price, it's not worth it.

[quote name='pinkkirby']What do you guys think about mario golf and M vs Cap 2 EO?[/QUOTE]

It's Capcom vs. Snk 2 EO.

Well most of what others have mentioned plus DK:JUngle Beat, Mario Sunshine, Luigis Mansion, NHL Hitz 20-03, WarioWorld, ...

the last 4 can be found under $20 or even under $10.

bread's done
Back