Best Independent Online Game Retailer 2007

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Using the above voting system, cast your vote for Best Independent Online Retailer.
This award goes to the Best Independent Online Retailer in 2007.

Last year's winner:
Best Independent Online Game Retailer: Play-Asia.com

The biggest landslide in this year's Cheapy Awards is Play-Asia's 71% victory for Best Independent Online Game Retailer. Considering their weekly deals, seasonal sales/contests, cheap region free Xbox 360 games, CAG friendly coupons, and great web design, their runaway victory shouldn't be much of a suprise. Play-Asia also was the runner-up for Best Online Game Retailer and Best Retailers Website Design, losing out to Amazon both times. Congratulations to Play-Asia for a great year!

Nothing comes close to gogamer for the independent websites IMO. They have amazing deals every week in their 48 hour madness sales. I have picked up numerous older PC games for $5-$10 and some for

Liongames.com is run by a guy who actually understands how to treat the video community. Tony offers good prices, great communication, and a fresh perspective for the business.

My nomination: liongames.com

LionGames.com

At first it seemed to be one of those sites that was "too good to be true."

Well, it was true, and very, very good.

Liongames for awesome deals. He went out of his way to get CAG interest by having some great deals on Mass Effect and Halo 3.

Play-Asia. Best way for me to get DS and PSP games, and saved me $40 equiv. on Orange Box.

Familyvideo, even though theres supposedly tons of them in the midwest. For those that are too afraid to "deposit" money to Liongames

Tony at liongames.com for the great preorder deals he had on Halo 3 and several other games. Also seems to be a great guy with real customer service . (How many times do we actually know the name of a online store's owner?)

[quote name='Quintessence']Liongames.com is run by a guy who actually understands how to treat the video community. Tony offers good prices, great communication, and a fresh perspective for the business.

My nomination: liongames.com[/QUOTE]
never ordered from them, but their reputation holds up

"In the jungle, the mighty jungle
The lion sleeps tonight"
They get my vote this year for the great deals I got on Bioshock and Mass
Effect. I'm not so confident about next year though, with this whole
Membership thing.

Liongames. Or is it Lion Games? Either way, I hope that there aren't people still holding "the BioShock Incident" against Tony and his site, even in a vague, irrational grudge sort of way. It was all on the USPS, and you know it.

P.S. I really didn't deal with any other "independents", to be fair.

bread's done
Back