Best mini-fridge to buy? (And best place to buy it?)

Resette

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
I have been using my ex-girlfriend's mini-fridge and she needs it back so I'm on the hunt for a new one. Does anyone have any suggestions about what to buy? I need a relatively large one, but most seem to advertise their 'compact' size, which concerns me because I want a lot of space. I am also worried about getting them online because all the reviews on Amazon.com complain about damages due to shipping. Do stores like Best Buy and Target sell good-quality mini-fridges?

Target has one that's really cheap and is very quiet. But it's pretty small and doesn't get as cold as a regular fridge. Soda and beer get cold enough though, just not ice cold. I've had it for a couple years and it works great. It's a Chefmate and it goes on sale a lot. You can usually get it for around $50-65. If you need a big one your gonna spend over $100-150.

[quote name='ticalmc2k2']Target has one that's really cheap and is very quiet. But it's pretty small and doesn't get as cold as a regular fridge. Soda and beer get cold enough though, just not ice cold. I've had it for a couple years and it works great. It's a Chefmate and it goes on sale a lot. You can usually get it for around $50-65. If you need a big one your gonna spend over $100-150.[/quote]

Post more info? Pictures?

Thank you.

Personally, I'm fine with spending 1-200 for a reliable, well-sized fridge preferably with a freezer that works pretty well. Just looking for some recommendations if only on brands, places to buy, etc.

I'd recommend getting a double-door mini-fridge (with the separate door for the freezer). They were pretty rare a couple of years ago when I picked up mine, but now they're easy to find. I've seen them at Wal-Mart, Lowes and Home Depot (where I got mine). Targets around me do not carry them. They're bigger than a normal mini-fridge, probably with smaller area for refrigeration, but you'll be glad you have the real freezer when you're ready for some ice cream.

The best time to buy any mini-fridge is around August or September, when they go on clearance.

if you have one, i recommend checking the sears repair center. i got my 32 inch hdtv for 250 after haggling for 15% off there. they have good deals there and can probably help you out.

bread's done
Back