Best MP3 player for less than 40 bucks

robbyH

CAGiversary!
Lost my MP3 player on a bus. Need to find a new one. Anyone got a suggestion which one would be best of a budget. Looking for at least 4 gig or 2 gig with a micro SD slot.

I'd go with the Sansa Clip+ on Amazon brand new for $38. 4GB and expandable. I have the regular Clip and I like it a bunch. I'd like it more if it was expandable, but the battery life is great, it has a sleep timer function, and it sounds decent, not as good as my Zune, but it's not bad.

[quote name='Redeema']I'd go with the Sansa Clip+ on Amazon brand new for $38. 4GB and expandable. I have the regular Clip and I like it a bunch. I'd like it more if it was expandable, but the battery life is great, it has a sleep timer function, and it sounds decent, not as good as my Zune, but it's not bad.[/QUOTE]

I've always heard the Sansa Clip+ is one of the best inexpensive MP3 players. Just make sure you can get an exchange on refurbished ones because I hear the battery life on some of them can be a gamble.

I'll add another recommendation for the Fuze - AWESOME mp3 player, expandable storage space, good on-screen interface, and it's usually available for a great price.

Another vote for Sansa Clip. I've had one for almost a year now and it is so easy to use and the battery life for me has been great. I don't use ipod/itunes and this for working out/commuting has worked out really well.

The Clip and the Fuze have similar sound so really it's more a question of how big of a player you want. I own both, got them as review samples from Sandisk and I prefer the Fuze overall simply because the Clip is too small to use regularly and navigating through the GUI can be annoying at times. If you need a super compact player though the clip+ is the way to go. Get the original Fuze though, not the Fuze+

Plus you can add Rockbox to the Fuze, which adds a ton of cool stuff to play with

bread's done
Back