Best music album...ever :o

[quote name='shadow9689'][quote name='nickmad']the ramones bad?[/quote]
:eek:
Ramones are old school. Not that great though.
Go find the original recording for their first album. It's so bland. The riffs are all the same :shock:[/quote]

this from the guy who LOVES sum 41. Yeah. Sum 41 is a very original band, whose songs don't all sound the same. /sarcasm.

Are you serious with all this?!?!? I mean, I hate to tell you this, but your lame-ass pseudo punk suburban crap wouldn't even exist if not for the fucking Ramones!

Seriously, it seems like most of you dig-a-lings only remember the past 3 years of music + your dad's classic rock records. It reminds me of those "top 100 albums of all time" shows on Vh1; they'll always rank Thriller or something at the top, and then the rest will be a mix of classics that deserve it and the wnatever's "hot" right then. Its so silly. Last time they had one of those shows, a Linkin Park record was ranked BETTER than albums by bands who were kicking ass before those little candy-asses were born.

I'll end with this: Jeff Buckley, Sonic Youth, Iron & wine, and a zillion others (the first examples that popped to mind) could record themselves all shitting in a pot and it would sound better than anything Sum 41's lame "flavor of the week" asses could come up with.

Shadow9689 makes me sad. Sum 41 > Nirvana? Dear god..

Congrats to any of you that mentioned ANY STP album, Pearl Jam, or Smashing Pumpkins.

Nirvana would be considered second rate if Kurt wouldn't have killed himself.

I guess that just shows how ignorant you are.

Modest Mouse has a LOT of indie albums.
They're not bad, depending what you like. Lots of random quotes and stuff like that.

They have 10 albums. The earlier albums are just quotes or something, the songs are all under a minute.

Shadow, it's okay, you don't have to comment every time someone posts their idea of a great album and tell them how much they suck. It's you that sucks, not them.

Ramones are old school. Not that great though.
Go find the original recording for their first album. It's so bland. The riffs are all the same

#-o If there's ever a music forum and I was the mod, i'm never, ever allowing you to post.

Anyways, to go back.. STP, Pearl Jam and Smashing Pumpkins have great CD's.. the "thank you" CD rocks hard.. but I don't think any were the "best album ever"..

My own personal favorites.. "Nevermind" by Nirvana, the Garden State soundtrack, "The American" by Angie Aparo, "O" by Damien Rice (great acoustic-ish music), and.. yeah, that'd be my top four.

For today, I'm going to go with
Across the Great Divide by the Band
which is kinda cheating cause its the box set, but still awesome.

Tool- ænima

Easily my favorite CD. Though a couple that are close are:

U2- Achtung Baby
Bruce Springsteen- Born to Run
Bruce Springsteen- The Rising

[quote name='jennie25']Nirvana - Nevermind
Nirvana - Incesticide
The Offspring - Smash
Weezer - The Blue Album
Weezer - The Green Album
Sublime - Sublime
Nirvana - Unplugged In New York
and
Insane Clown Posse - Riddlebox

those are in no particular order, but albums I love[/quote]

The rest of that is pure tripe. You shouldn't even mention Blue with Green, let alone ICP.

The Blue album is the great, pure timeless perfection, and yes it is my choice for greatest album of all time, above Beatles, Stones, Zepplin, etc.

[quote name='BigDirty'][quote name='jennie25']Nirvana - Nevermind
Nirvana - Incesticide
The Offspring - Smash
Weezer - The Blue Album
Weezer - The Green Album
Sublime - Sublime
Nirvana - Unplugged In New York
and
Insane Clown Posse - Riddlebox

those are in no particular order, but albums I love[/quote]

The rest of that is pure tripe. You shouldn't even mention Blue with Green, let alone ICP.

The Blue album is the great, pure timeless perfection, and yes it is my choice for greatest album of all time, above Beatles, Stones, Zepplin, etc.[/quote]

Speaking of ICP, I need to add a few cd's to my list:

ICP- Riddlebox
ICP- Amazing Jeckel Brothers
Twiztid- Green Book
Twiztid- Freek Show
Disturbed- believe
CoF- Midian
CoF- Nymphetamine
CoF Damnation and A Day
Rammstein- Reise, Reise

ICP- Riddlebox
Twiztid- Green Book
Twiztid- Freek Show
Disturbed- believe
CoF- Midian
CoF- Nymphetamine
CoF Damnation and A Day
Rammstein- Reise, Reise

WOW what a total list of garbage. im going to vomit.
im suprised no one has mentioned anything by David Bowie.

[quote name='fanskad']Britney - Britney.

Next question?[/quote]

What?! Britney-Britney no way that doesnt compare to Christina Christina :lol:

[quote name='nickmad']

ICP- Riddlebox
Twiztid- Green Book
Twiztid- Freek Show
Disturbed- believe
CoF- Midian
CoF- Nymphetamine
CoF Damnation and A Day
Rammstein- Reise, Reise

WOW what a total list of garbage. im going to vomit.
im suprised no one has mentioned anything by David Bowie.[/quote]

How about this. You kiss my ass, and I like ythe music that I like. Got me?

[quote name='nickmad']the ramones bad? no.
slayer bad? no
shadow9689's musical taste bad? YES[/quote]

Do I agree? Yes

It's pretty much impossible for me to say what THE definitive best album of all time is. I'll just comment on what some others have put as well as put in some of my own.

Nirvana is an awesome band. There albums are excellent. Slayer isn't too bad either. Beatles White Album is incredible and so is most of their albums. I also like all those that put Radiohead. Awesome band and musicians. And though Sum 41 is an alright band, Chuck should be no where near the top in a list of best albums.

I would like to say every White Stripes album (i.e. White Blood Cells, Elephant, etc.) should be up there. Nevermind, Unplugged from New York, In Utero, basically every Nirvana album should be there.

Pearl Jam's Ten is a great album as is Vs.

The Beatles - Revolver
Bob Marley - Exodus
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon and The Wall

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']

I would like to say every White Stripes album (i.e. White Blood Cells, Elephant, etc.) should be up there.[/quote]

AGR33D

[quote name='hiccupleftovers'][quote name='nickmad']the ramones bad? no.
slayer bad? no

Do I agree? Yes

Nirvana is an awesome band. There albums are excellent. Slayer isn't too bad either. Beatles White Album is incredible and so is most of their albums. I also like all those that put Radiohead. Awesome band and musicians. And though Sum 41 is an alright band, Chuck should be no where near the top in a list of best albums.

I would like to say every White Stripes album (i.e. White Blood Cells, Elephant, etc.) should be up there.[/quote]

I couldn't agree more about shadows musical tastes, but he has a right to his (or her) opinion. I do have to disagree with you about the White Stripes. De Stijl (probably their best album) and White Blood Cells were great albums. Their first was pretty good, but not great and Elephant was a pure disappointment and waaaaay overrated IMHO. It wasn't bad, but it just wasn't the musical masterpiece that everyone made it out to be.

And regarding Radiohead...great musicians, yes. But they don't always make great music. Starting with OK Computer they have been hit and miss in my opinion. Half the songs are great and the rest you just have to wonder what the shit they were thinking about. Again, just my opinion.

[quote name='chickenhawk'][quote name='hiccupleftovers'][quote name='nickmad']the ramones bad? no.
slayer bad? no

Do I agree? Yes

I couldn't agree more about shadows musical tastes, but he has a right to his (or her) opinion. I do have to disagree with you about the White Stripes. De Stijl (probably their best album) and White Blood Cells were great albums. Their first was pretty good, but not great and Elephant was a pure disappointment and waaaaay overrated IMHO. It wasn't bad, but it just wasn't the musical masterpiece that everyone made it out to be.

And regarding Radiohead...great musicians, yes. But they don't always make great music. Starting with OK Computer they have been hit and miss in my opinion. Half the songs are great and the rest you just have to wonder what the shit they were thinking about. Again, just my opinion.[/quote]

I agree, everyone is entitled to his (or her) opinion even if the have IMO poor musical taste. I disagree with your position on White Stripes as well. The first one is probably their best but the other two are still just as good IMO. Regarding Radiohead, I guess you're kind of right that they can be sometimes hit or miss with their songs, but I just think that you need to listen to the song a few more extra times until it kind of clicks.

My favorite of theirs are OK Computer, Pablo Honey, The Bends, and Kid A.

[quote name='chickenhawk'][quote name='ajh2298']My Favorite: Toad the Wet Sprocket-Dulcinea

[/quote]

Come on now, Pale is Toad's best album. :D

As far as my favorite, hands down, Gentlemen by the Afghan Whigs.[/quote]

Bread and Circus gets my vote... ;)

btw...I believe Glen Phillips new lp comes out this month

And just to show much love and respect...I recently just wrote a song called Dulliesque....

let's see...

Metallica - S&M
Sum 41 - Chuck is alright
U2 - Best of 1980-1990
Green Day - Dookie, American Idiot
Pearl Jam - the new live CD
White Stripes - Elephant
Linkin Park - Meteora has got a lot of plays in my CD player...

This is just my opinion though, don't get all you panties in a bunch.

I agree, everyone is entitled to his (or her) opinion even if the have IMO poor musical taste. I disagree with your position on White Stripes as well. The first one is probably their best but the other two are still just as good IMO. Regarding Radiohead, I guess you're kind of right that they can be sometimes hit or miss with their songs, but I just think that you need to listen to the song a few more extra times until it kind of clicks.

My favorite of theirs are OK Computer, Pablo Honey, The Bends, and Kid A.[/quote]

The White Stripes actually have 4 albums. I'd rank them this way:

1. De Stijl
2. White Blood Cells
3. Elephant
4. The White Stripes

I've listened to Radiohead since Pablo Honey and think that and The Bends are great albums (The Bends being my favorite), but OK Computer, Kid A, Amnesiac, and Hail to the Thief aren't consistently good. Some of the songs just never "click" and frankly some of them are just noise. I don't discount them as a band though and I have bought all of their albums because usually the really great songs on an overall lackluster album are worth the price of admission.

Sum 41....oh my... so sad - but hey its you thing man

As for myself

Social Distortion - Mommies Little Monster or Live at the Roxy

Cann't decide between the 2 at the moment

[quote name='daikaiju']

And just to show much love and respect...I recently just wrote a song called Dulliesque....[/quote]

B&C is a very good album indeed. I believe you're right about the new album. I was a little disappointed in his first solo effort though.

[quote name='chickenhawk'][quote name='daikaiju']

And just to show much love and respect...I recently just wrote a song called Dulliesque....[/quote]

B&C is a very good album indeed. I believe you're right about the new album. I was a little disappointed in his first solo effort though.[/quote]

I kind of agree with you about Albulum...although I have a demo of Professional Victim that is SO much better than the lp version...

Also, being a Whigs fan, I assume you like the newest Twilight Singers?

[quote name='daikaiju']

I kind of agree with you about Albulum...although I have a demo of Professional Victim that is SO much better than the lp version...

Also, being a Whigs fan, I assume you like the newest Twilight Singers?[/quote]

It's mostly covers, which was a little disappointing, but there are some really good tracks on it. As played by... and Blackberry Bell were better though.

[quote name='chickenhawk'][quote name='daikaiju']

It's mostly covers, which was a little disappointing, but there are some really good tracks on it. As played by... and Blackberry Bell were better though.[/quote]

I think we're on the same wave length musically ;)

[quote name='daikaiju'][quote name='chickenhawk'][quote name='daikaiju']

It's mostly covers, which was a little disappointing, but there are some really good tracks on it. As played by... and Blackberry Bell were better though.[/quote]

I think we're on the same wave length musically ;)[/quote]

It certainly appears that way doesn't it. Maybe we'll have to trade notes one of these days. :cool:

[quote name='chickenhawk'][quote name='hiccupleftovers']

My favorite of theirs are OK Computer, Pablo Honey, The Bends, and Kid A.[/quote]

The White Stripes actually have 4 albums. I'd rank them this way:

1. De Stijl
2. White Blood Cells
3. Elephant
4. The White Stripes

I've listened to Radiohead since Pablo Honey and think that and The Bends are great albums (The Bends being my favorite), but OK Computer, Kid A, Amnesiac, and Hail to the Thief aren't consistently good. Some of the songs just never "click" and frankly some of them are just noise. I don't discount them as a band though and I have bought all of their albums because usually the really great songs on an overall lackluster album are worth the price of admission.[/quote]

Derrr...you're right. #-o #-o #-o How could I have made an error like that. If I had to rate their albums from best to, well, not as good (since there all really great) I'd go with:

1. White Blood Cells (this one slightly edges out De Stijl) This album probably has most of my favorite songs of their like Dead Leaves on the Dirty Ground, Hotel Yorba, Fell in Love With a Girl, etc. Really the entire album.
2. De Stijl (can almost be interchangeable with Elephant)
3. Elephant
4. The White Stripes

Derrr...you're right. #-o #-o #-o How could I have made an error like that. If I had to rate their albums from best to, well, not as good (since there all really great) I'd go with:

1. White Blood Cells (this one slightly edges out De Stijl) This album probably has most of my favorite songs of their like Dead Leaves on the Dirty Ground, Hotel Yorba, Fell in Love With a Girl, etc. Really the entire album.
2. De Stijl (can almost be interchangeable with Elephant)
3. Elephant
4. The White Stripes[/quote]

See, we're not too far apart in our opinions. ;) I think I probably just rank Elephant farther behind DS and WBC than you.

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
Lawrence Arms - Greatest Story Ever Told
Dr. Dre - The Chronic
U2 - The Joshua Tree
A.F.I - SOS
Alkaline Trio - Maybe I'll Catch Fire
Mike Park - For The Love of Music
Operation Ivy
Beastie Boys - PB

[quote name='WeaponX2099']Nas- illmatic. Period.[/quote]

Ooohh good choice man. Other great hip-hop albums are:
Talib Kweli - Quality/Beautiful Struggle
JayZ - Nearly every album
Mos Def - Most of hist.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers'][quote name='WeaponX2099']Nas- illmatic. Period.[/quote]

Mos Def - Most of hist.[/quote]

you have to add Common to that list.
I love Mos Def and Blackstar, but i have to say that Mos Def's new album is disappointing.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers'][quote name='WeaponX2099']Nas- illmatic. Period.[/quote]

Mos Def - Most of hist.[/quote]

Thanks for that.

I gotta add The Roots- Things fall apart.

[quote name='chickenhawk'][quote name='Mike23']
U2 - Best of 1980-1990
[/quote]

A best of doesn't count! :p[/quote] :twisted:

[quote name='Mike23'][quote name='chickenhawk'][quote name='Mike23']
U2 - Best of 1980-1990
[/quote]

A best of doesn't count! :p[/quote] :twisted:[/quote]
If it did, then the Beatles compilation of number one hits would be good :eek:

And White Stripes?
White Blood Cells is probably the best of them, it's not too bad.

AFI is not really my type of music.
Rap is good, but not exactly best. R&B is nice though.

Pink Floyd only because of their lyrics/creativity.
I'm not too sure if all albums are like Dark Side of the Moon (I think they are) but the album is one huge track. Just continous, no breaks, so it sounds like one long process. :eek:
I could fall asleep listening to it. Some lyrics are weird though, too much thinking.

Wish You Were Here is probably the greatest song written, maybe Stairway to Heaven, but Wish You Were Here is much more meaningful.

[quote name='shadow9689'][quote name='Mike23'][quote name='chickenhawk'][quote name='Mike23']
U2 - Best of 1980-1990
[/quote]

And White Stripes?

I'm not too sure if all albums are like Dark Side of the Moon (I think they are) but the album is one huge track. Just continous, no breaks, so it sounds like one long process. :eek:
I could fall asleep listening to it. Some lyrics are weird though, too much thinking.

Wish You Were Here is probably the greatest song written, maybe Stairway to Heaven, but Wish You Were Here is much more meaningful.[/quote]

i see that you are a true music fan. this might explain why you think Sum 41's "Chuck" is the greatest album of all time.

[quote name='nickmad'][quote name='shadow9689'][quote name='Mike23'][quote name='chickenhawk'][quote name='Mike23']
U2 - Best of 1980-1990
[/quote]

And White Stripes?

Wish You Were Here is probably the greatest song written, maybe Stairway to Heaven, but Wish You Were Here is much more meaningful.[/quote]

i see that you are a true music fan. this might explain why you think Sum 41's "Chuck" is the greatest album of all time.[/quote]
Bleh, you say tomato, I say tohmato :eek:

On the Run is a weird song :?

One of my personal favorites:

S.O.D. (Stormtroopers of Death) - Speak English or DIE - made in 84 - way ahead of its time IMHO.

bread's done
Back