Best of the forthcoming mech games?

dafoomie

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
After the genre seemed dead, there's suddenly a glut of online mech games coming out in the near future. Mechwarrior Online, Hawken, Reign of Thunder (MechAssault 3 without the license), and even a couple for consoles like Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor. Which of the three are you most looking forward to? Which might be the best for competitive online clan based play, like in Chromehounds or MechAssault back in the day?

All 3 of the PC titles are going free to play. Mechwarrior Online looks the most promising but they're not going to have voice chat. Hawken looks great but mech selection and customization seem overly simplistic, you can only choose from light/medium/heavy and choose weapons from there. And Reign of Thunder is from Day 1 Studios, who made Mechassault 1 and 2 but the gameplay looks very arcadey.

Hawken has my attention with MechWarrior Online having 2nd place. While I will play them for a bit if no RL friends and family join me, I will probably leave it soon.

Everyone still stuck on UT2k4, CS and Quake Live.

I'm just not sure, I want MWO and Hawken to be great but it doesn't seem like they're that concerned with the competitive team/clan crowd from what I've seen. On the other hand, it seems like Reign of Thunder has the entire Mechassault community behind it.

Hawken looks fucking sick though, amazing that only 7 guys are making this game. Its too bad there are only 3 mechs in it but they had to cut corners somewhere I guess.

bread's done
Back