Best Online Comic Shop?

I personally have been using Amazon and getting graphic novels used. A few bucks, slightly used, same story, works for me.

Are you looking for single new issues or what specifically?

For graphic novels, I like gohastings.com. They often run a 5 for $20 or 5 for $25 deal on used books (including GNs). Shipping will get you at roughly 2.50-3 per item, though.

[quote name='Lice']I personally have been using Amazon and getting graphic novels used. A few bucks, slightly used, same story, works for me.[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what I've been doing lately to get my comics fix. My favorite are the ones that are sold as used just because they have shelf wear and when they arrive they're brand new as far as I can tell :).

To clarify. I meant single issues and not tpbs :p. I used amazon for TPBs as well, but I want to start building up my single issue collection.

Ebay and patience.

Unfortunately, there is still no online retailer for comics that has good prices and good selection. Due to the nature of the industry and marketplace.

Personally, unless you're completing runs from the 60s-80s, there is NO REASON to buy single issues. TPBs are cheaper, sturdier, might have extras or better paper quality or error fixes, and no ads.

And if you absolutely positively need to read a book on release date, this is the internet.

[quote name='redfusion']When the local shops don't have issues I want, I've been using comiccollectorlive . it's like amazon marketplace, people have their own shops and there are some decent prices.[/QUOTE]

I'll second this as well. Look for shops on there with free shipping and you can get some great deals.

You can also find some deals depending on what your looking for at mycomicshop.com . You can also subscribe to their mailing list for weekly 10% off coupons and they have free shipping on orders over $50. But order processing can take awhile. I use these guys for cheap back issues for binding projects.

[quote name='stevelabny']Ebay and patience.

Unfortunately, there is still no online retailer for comics that has good prices and good selection. Due to the nature of the industry and marketplace.

Personally, unless you're completing runs from the 60s-80s, there is NO REASON to buy single issues. TPBs are cheaper, sturdier, might have extras or better paper quality or error fixes, and no ads.

And if you absolutely positively need to read a book on release date, this is the internet.[/QUOTE]

I like collecting single issues over TPBs. Money isn't really a concern since I don't collect anything else :p. I pretty much stopped playing video games and spend my time reading now, so I figure $30-$40 towards comics a week wouldn't really hurt.

Thank you all for the sites. MileHighComics is another one I found out about last night while surfing on my phone, so add that one to the list of many we have here.

For preordering I use mailordercomics.com
They have really good prices sometimes (but the thing is you wait three months for the issues to come out)
Trades I just go to amazon.

FYI, gohastings.com is currently running a free shipping offer on all books. They also have a 5 for 25 on used books (not all, but most) that can be combined with the free shipping.

glad to see this thread. I've always gone through TFAW but their free shipping (over a certain amount, codes change monthly) is excruciatingly slow.

[quote name='lydon']For preordering I use mailordercomics.com
They have really good prices sometimes (but the thing is you wait three months for the issues to come out)
Trades I just go to amazon.[/QUOTE]

I second MAILORDERCOMICS. Really enjoy them. Best way to get the issues as they come out and save tons in comparison to store prices.

You're ordering through PREVIEWS like the shops do, so an order that closes at the end of the month February won't start shipping until APRIL.

[quote name='brauschnutz']No one is using heavyink.com?

Shipping is only 99 cents and 20% off everything.[/QUOTE]

Hmm. Not bad if you can't use a place like DCBS or MailOrderComics, as the baseline for both of those is 25% for everything, 32% minimum for the major publishers and then some here and there at 50-75%. Shipping varies by order size for those two, however.

Yeah, tfaw's nick and dent section is awesome. I've ordered hundreds of books from them and only a Secrect Invasion trade I got last year bothered me (it was in really bad condition).

I can't wait for them to have another 80% off sale.

On a similar note: Does anyone know what happened to American Entertainment? They used to be an amazing place to order comics from back in the 90's.

bread's done
Back