Best Online Customer Service 2008

You know, it was a toss up between Amazon and Gamefly. whenever I call Gamefly they give me $5.00 in Gamefly Credit, though they are a bitch to get on the phone, they are only available at certain times. Amazon calls you anytime you want them and I have to give it to them!!

I went with Newegg because they're the ones that mess up my orders enought hat I have to call customer service. Amazon was flawless for me this year so I never dealt with them. Way to mess up and get a vote NewEgg. I feel the intentionally messed up a couple orders just so they could get my vote here :p

I wonder if everyone is voting Amazon for the deals or for actual customer service.

I personally had one of the worst customer service experiences with Amazon. I ordered my wife the Tales of Beedle the Bard limited edition amazon only version and marked it as a gift for an Xmas present. Even though it was marked as a gift, it was sent in a box that clearly marked what it was. Checked the packing list and it said gift on it. I called them and had to escalate 3 times before I got someone that would do anything for me. They finally offered a $15 credit for ruining a $100+ Xmas present. This was after nearly an hour of arguing. IMHO, poor customer service.

On the other hand, I have had nothing but good customer service with NewEgg. They raised the price on an item after it was already in my basket. Contacted them and they gave me a refund immediately, no questions asked. RMAs are very fast through them as well.

Gamefly. I had an issue with some games not being recieved by them, and they fixed the issue lightning fast. They even, later on, let me cancel with no hassle.

Easily Amazon for best service. If I had any kind of issue, I could call or email customer service and get it taken care of immediately.

No clue how NewEgg.com got nominated. Their rebate customer service department is absolutely terrible and will do whatever it takes to stiff you on your rebate. They can go fuck themselves.

Amazon, I got money back for gears of war 2 lancer, free over night shipping, additional money back, and got the game the day before it came out. All because I emailed them and said the game was mailing 2 weeks after release. (but they did send me the wrong monitor 3 years ago and refuse to give me the right one but I'll live.)

I actually didn't have a great experience with Amazon this year. Feels like they really don't help the way they used to, and Newegg is still up to its old standards.

I had to contact Amazon CS, so I am not voting for them. And when I did contact them they didn't honor the MotorStorm Pacific Rift coupon for $10 that didn't expire for another month. What a load of shit.

My vote goes to New Egg, they have always been solid for me.

Amazon! I now purchase R2J and Jpop Cds from amazon insted of Playasia. Amazon Jp, it took Playasia to get Koda Kumi 1st Best Sessions 2CD+DVD 3months when it said 5-7 days ship. I previously just ordered 2 Dvds from Amazon Jp it came within 5 Days =)

Amazon! Had a problem with a digital video rental (bone-head move on my end), and they fixed it in about 5 minutes flat, no questions asked.

I'm actually not going to vote for the shoe-in on this one. Amazon ended their price-matching policy so when I bought something on Black Friday only to find it cheaper the next day, I was forced to purchase it again and return the first one. Kind of ridiculous when they could simply credit me for my purchase. I would've even accepted Amazon credit since I purchased a few hundred dollars worth of other items before the year ended, but instead I had jump through hoops to get a better price.

When I had issues with games I received from Gamefly they were quick and courteous in making things right. They get my vote this year.

amazon. hands down. i mean, they call you! how awesome is that. and the person on the other line is always someone who is kind.

bread's done
Back