Best Online Customer Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Voiting is now open for Best Online Customer Service.
What online retailer served you the best in 2005?

Please vote using the polling system above.

Nominees:
Amazon.com
EBgames.com
GameStop.com
NewEgg.com

[quote name='mr ryles']I'll start off with gamestop.com[/QUOTE]
I'll have to agree, when it looked like I would have to wait too long to get Guitar Hero they were quick to cancel the order at my request, about 30 minutes if I recall correctly. Very nice.

estarland.com - No other game retailer has live online chat to solve your problems and to check the exact condition of their used games. Add on the fact that you can trade games in for credit online, and no one else even comes close. :D

overstock...i know they've shitted on a lot of other people during the Radiata Stories deal, but i ended up with a total of $35 in free online credit for anything that i wanted from their site...just because they were a month or two late with my game (which was apparantly the warehouse's fault)

People will probably hate this, and I can't believe I'm saying it... but strictly for online customer service, I would have to offer up BestBuy.com. Not saying I'll vote for them, but they like to give gift cards if you have a problem, which is always fun (note: online customer service != shipping, stores or anything else ;))

[quote name='rodeojones903']estarland.com - No other game retailer has live online chat to solve your problems and to check the exact condition of their used games. Add on the fact that you can trade games in for credit online, and no one else even comes close. :D[/QUOTE]
I second that, they're extremely curteous and helpful on the phone as well.

[quote name='botticus']People will probably hate this, and I can't believe I'm saying it... but strictly for online customer service, I would have to offer up BestBuy.com. Not saying I'll vote for them, but they like to give gift cards if you have a problem, which is always fun (note: online customer service != shipping, stores or anything else ;))[/QUOTE]
You're fucking insane on that, since I have much more issues with those morons on the phone than I ever have in any B&M store.

My vote would be for NewEgg.com.

[quote name='shrike4242']You're fucking insane on that, since I have much more issues with those morons on the phone than I ever have in any B&M store.

My vote would be for NewEgg.com.[/QUOTE]
Haha... well, if I was thinking about phone support, then I would certainly agree with you. But email support with them is good, if slow.

I didn't consider phone mostly because 888-Best-Buy isn't just related to online operations. I've only had to call that number as a result of crap in-store.

wherehouse.com. always a fast response. i also heard some people mention that they replaced defective products they received for free (instead of having to ship it back)

Eh, never really had problems with orders but I do recall having called EB once for a badly mangled used game disc and they sent me a brand new one! :applause:

Amazon is one of the few online retailers that has good customer service through email. Never have had a problem with them.

I only recently discovered Overstock's instant chatting customer service. Absolutely amazing... but bad they're not a nominee.

I'll give it to Amazon since they're usually quite and easy to deal with.

EB's my default.

I would've nominated pricegrabber.com - best customer service ever. Fast replies, even told me I was missing a review (for the $5 rebate), worked with me to get things corrected.

NewEgg.com. I bought a stereo there and had to return it. They took it ack immediatly, and fast shipping back.

PriceGrabber and DDD are great.

But since they're not nominated, I'll go for EB since they give pretty direct responses instead of the company line.

Gamestop, Amazon and EBgames have all responded to my requests, complaints and inquiries ineptly and with much delay. NewEgg has to get the vote from me then.

didn't deal with any of these websites customer services this past year so I'll pick randomly but I'd vote GameFly otherwise

EBGames has never hassled me when I needed to return a scratched game DVD either by mail or in the store. They either gave credit back to my credit card or swapped for a better copy.

EBGames.com

They sent me a busted copy of Donkey Kong Country 2 they responded to all my e-mails and sent me a pre-paid envelope to send the game back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back