Best Online Deal 2008

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Using the above polling system, please vote for Best Online Deal.
This award goes to the single best specific online deal or sale of 2008.

Last year's winner:
Best Online Deal: Amazon.com: Deal of the Day

After three years of EBgames.com domination, it seems Amazon is on its way to starting the next Cheapy Awards dynasty. This year, Amazon.com simply dominated the competition, winning every relevant Cheapy Award. Amazon's combination of great deals and superb customer service resulted in CAGs forking over their cash (and their hearts) to the new king of online video game retail. Congratulations to Amazon on their impressive victories!

Amazon has posted a response on their Game Room Blog.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably the SATURDAY after Black Friday on Amazon.
Maybe we can call this "Amazon Black Friday Weekend" because I bought a lot of fuckin games that weekend :wall:

That Saturday was sick.

Amazon's Black Friday Sale, specifically the Korg DS-10 for $25. It may not be for everyone, but that is an INSANE price for that software.

Any of Dell's %off coupons on video game systems.
RedOctane.com's $20 off coupon that let me get a GHII bundle for the 360 for 9.99 + shipping.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with TheGamingGuy, Amazon from Black Friday till the middle of December had Insane deals.

Amazon for those weeks during and sandwiching Black Friday. Crazy, crazy prices on recent and just released games, CEs of games, B&M price-matching, pre-order bonuses with games...unbelievable.

Amazon Black Friday weekend.

Although Steam had some fantastic deals, I made off too much the bandit from Amazon not to nominate it.

Amazon.com Black Friday pricing was truly a monster on my wallet, for both a TV, BR's/DVD's and games.

Live.com cashback is a great online deal, though not retailer-specific.

im going to stray from the pack and go with gameflys december daily sales and their final big year end sale. i bought like 7 games for $70 bucks and all were like new.

Actually, I'm going to say Amazon offering Star Wars: The Force Unleashed for 19.99 when it was still retailing for 60 everywhere else was huge and gets my vote.

Tho I'd say Amazon will probably get it...just for variety, how about that Target online clearance that popped up in the middle of the year? I scored a cheap Genji, some ppl nabbed Heavenly Sword, and I know there were some others.

bread's done
Back