Best Online Deal 2010

Normally I would say Amazon's Black Friday Deals, but for me personally, I did not really see anything that interested me, although there were other Amazon sales the year around that I enjoyed.

My vote is for Steam holiday sale, though some of the deals were not as great as previous years.

Mainly cause I didn't have to sit and refresh every hour so maybe I could get something on sale like Amazon's lightning deals, everyone got a deal.

[quote name='@ndrew']The Recycle Bank coupon that stacked on the whole order yielding $20 games for around $3.50 a piece. Also worked on preorders, making them I believe..$40. I don't remember the exact coupon though...anyone? Was in early April

Items Ordered
Minimize
Qty Item Price
1 The Lord of the Rings: Conquest™ (Xbox 360™) $19.95
1 SKATE 2 (Xbox 360™) $19.95
1 Brütal Legend™ (Xbox 360™) $19.95
1 The Orange Box (Xbox 360™) $19.95
1 Mercenaries 2: World in Flames™ (Xbox 360™) $19.95
1 Need for Speed™ ProStreet (Xbox 360™) $19.95
1 ARMY OF TWO™ (Xbox 360™) $19.95
1 Battlefield: Bad Company™ (Xbox 360™) $19.95
1 Dead Space™ (Xbox 360™) $19.95
Subtotal $44.55
Shipping & Handling $0.00
Discount $0.00
Tax $1.72
Total $26.27[/QUOTE]

This, hands down for me. If I can remember, it was something along the lines of $15 off each item, and then $20 off on top of the total. It was a tad ridiculous.

Remember, this is only for OFFICIAL sales. Glitches and errors do NOT apply. Also, the Living Social $10>$20 Amazon Gift Card referral thang was not 2010.

I just removed about 15 posts total which included glitches/errors/living social referrals.

GameStop.com glitch on Buy One, Get One Half Off Used Games Sale: you could stack any used game with a new copy of Friends (PS2, $4.99) and get the used game for 50% off. I managed to get Kirby's Epic Yarn for like $22 after I returned the copy of Friends. LOL.

[quote name='guinaevere']Remember, this is only for OFFICIAL sales. Glitches and errors do NOT apply. Also, the Living Social $10>$20 Amazon Gift Card referral thang was not 2010.

I just removed about 15 posts total which included glitches/errors/living social referrals.[/QUOTE]

The GameStop Father's Day Sale was an official sale, and even if you didn't get in on the NSMB Wii glitch they still had a lot of good stuff on sale then. Whatever.

I'll nominate GameStop's "Buy Glory of Heracles DS for $10, get a $10 coupon" deal. I didn't get in on it (I got Wario Land Shake It instead for $14 + $10 coupon) but that was pretty good. And GoH is pretty decent too.

Amazon's Black Friday sales. The Steam Holiday sale was terrible due to their inability to create a halfway decent interface to actually find all of the deals.

Amazon's Dragon Ball Raging Blast for $10 during Black Friday weekend was THE BEST ONLINE DEAL! The game had come out literally a few weeks previous to BF, and to be able to get it for $10 was pretty damn cool.

Have we already forgotten the Humble Indie Bundles? Those were both in 2010, and either of them utterly blow away any of these nominees.

The amazon black Friday deals weren't as good as usual IMO. It seemed like they just matched other BF deals rather than doing their own. The Steam holiday sale was good and cheap as always. I spent a lot in that sale.

I took mad advantage of the Steam Holiday Sale (especially those Indie Packs), but I went with the 160GB PS3 w/ a-hundred-smackers credit. That's something to jump on.

EA 50% off deal. So many great games actually on sale as opposed to other places that just tend to discount old crappy games.

Amazon: PS3 160GB Console with $100 Gift Card

Although there was that deal with $10 for $20 Amazon GC at socialdaily....

Steam, hands down.

I rarely even play PC games, but I ended up buying 4 or more for the redonkulous savings. Good Lord, THE SAVINGS!

bread's done
Back