Best Online Deal/Sale 2007

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Using the above voting system, cast your vote for Online Deal / Sale of the Year.
This award goes to the single best specific online deal or sale of 2007.

Nominees:
Amazon: Black Friday Deals Amazon: Halo 3 Legendary Edition $60
Amazon: Deal of the Day
LionGames: Xbox 360 pre-order games $40 each
Frys.com: Premium 360 w/ Forza 2/Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Bioshock, Orange Box, Two Worlds $400

Last year's winner:
Online Deal/Sale of the Year: Google Checkout Discounts

It's always satisfying to take a good deal and make it great, and that is exactly how the CAGs were able to make use of Google Checkout's $10 off $30 promotions. Many deals from multiple retailers (especially Buy.com), were born from this promotion.

- Great Play-Asia Weekly Specials: Ouendan 2, Jump Ultimate Stars, and other great import titles for the price of a domestic game.

- Play-Asia Lucky Lunar New Year Sale: Plenty of great import titles at great discounts. Choushoujuu Mecha MG, Stafi, Rhythm Tengoku (Later removed from the list due to being sold out), the Bit Generations games.
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-17-71-2-74-1bg-49-en.html
(The above link is the game list, but the discount prices are not shown)

- Great Play-Asia Weekly Specials: Ouendan 2, Jump Ultimate Stars, and other great import titles for the price of a domestic game.

- Play-Asia Lucky Lunar New Year Sale: Plenty of great import titles at great discounts. Choushoujuu Mecha MG, Stafi, Rhythm Tengoku (Later removed from the list due to being sold out), the Bit Generations games.
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-17-71-2-74-1bg-49-en.html

- CircuitCity's "Add two $19.99 titles into your cart and have it magically total as $30" sale. ;) :mrgreen:

- Google Checkout's "Free $10 for spending $10 or more at Buy.com"

Well this is a tough one for me, I guess it depends

If glitches count:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If they do than hand down the best deal I got was FF1 and FF2 for FREE on the PSP because of a glitch on TRU.com that deducted 60 dollars for any order with 2 or more products (the glitch was related to some trampoline rebate if i recall).

Another TRU.com glitch i loved was the buy 2 wii games get 1 free sale where i was able to get Assassins Creed on 360 to work with the deal.

Lastly a great CC.com glitch that allowed me to get PSP games: Tekken DR and Metal Gear Solid PO for $9.99 each.

If glitches don't count:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guilty Gear XX #Reload on PSP at CC.com for $4.99 was an amazing deal for me, cause i love that game and the PSP port is great

Time Crisis 4 for $49 instead of $89 @ Amazon was fantastic, thats almost 50% off on a game that had just come out

Finally $70 off Halo 3 Legendary Edition @ Amazon was enough to make me get it even though i already had the collectors edition.

If glitches count:

Google Checkout $44 off a purchase of $44 or more.

I got Metroid Prime 3 shipped for 5 dollars, also 4000 XBL points for .44 cents.

If Glitches don't count:

Buy Bioshock, Get Darkness Free.
Halo 3 Legendary $60.
Amazon DotD.

I'd have to put my nod to the B1G1's from Amazon.com for HD-DVD's and BR's. It's made most of the movie collection I have today.

I'm gonna second Fry's Xbox360 bundle deal. That is, their "Premium console with Marvel/Forza, Bioshock, Two Worlds, and Orange Box for $400" deal. I know it didn't last long, but it was a steal.

[quote name='kevlar51']Frys.com: Premium Xbox 360 with Forza 2/Marvel Ultimate Alliance pack, Bioshock, Orange Box and Two Worlds for $400[/QUOTE]

ditto....this was the best deal in 2007

I'd say Amazon's halo 3 legendary deal... but the problem is other store followed suit later on (I know walmart did and a few others)...

so I'd have to say the blockbuster 5 games for 25 dollar coupon deal (I never got to take advantage of this, but from the pics I've seen of people who did, there wasn't a better deal around

This thread makes me sad that I missed out on some great glitches . . . I will have to read up about this "trampoline" coupon at TRU and the $44 off of $44 using google checkout. What a shame I wasn't cruising the boards when those went down.

My nomination is vague, but I recall a deall last spring w/ Amazon where there were a bunch of new DS games on a pretty decent discount. I got March of the Minis and some other relatively new first party title for right around $25. Can't recall the details off-hand, or whether it was a glitch or not, but because I participated in that one only, my nomination goes to it.

EDIT:
Okay, I stopped being lazy. It was a 60% off glitch at Amazon on a bunch of games (not just DS), as discussed in this long and heated thread:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128945

I got March of the minis and Trauma center together for $24. Excellent deal.

I vote for Amazon's Hi-def BOGOs. Everyone had BOGOs, but Amazon was the best for free shipping, crazy fast shipping with Amazon Prime, and price matching.

GoGamer.com's $30 Halo 3 on Dec 26th.

Not many were still without it, but it was a great one for those of us that were still holding out.

bread's done
Back