Best Online Game Retailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Voting is now open for Best Online Retailer of 2005.
This award goes to the best overall online video game retailer.

Please vote using the polling system above.

Nominees:
Amazon.com
CircuitCity.com
EBgames.com
GameFly.com
GameStop.com

gamestop.com, that was until they started using UPS instead of fedex, and fucking charging tax. But they still get my vote.

gamefly. Their used games are in surprisingly good condition. I guess anything is when you are used to buying games from gamerush/gamestop/eb.

Circuitcity, for when I ordered a 360 on the 21st at 9am, shipping it at 11am, and getting it here on Christmas Eve. With the free standard shipping.

eStarland for having great customer service and reasonable, online trade-in services.

circuitcity.com. Bought a Mario Kart NDS and a 360 online in 2005. Got a good deal on the DS thanks to a coupon, and their "forced bundles" for the 360 are the most reasonable in the industry (mandatory extra controller only). Both orders came quickly, and the site layout is well done.

This one is tough, eb with the 25% off and free shipping or gamefly with the great price on newer titles.

Ebgames it is cause of consistency (meaning they are always 25% off) and the fact that you wait a week and get a new game for $35.

Playasia. lik-sang is a close second.

1)Shipping is cheap plus they do worldwide shipping.
2)They give coupons (depends on how much you spent)
3)discounts on import titles every now and then
4)accepts paypal with no extra friggin' fee (good for students that don'thave credit cards)
5)decent menu (has a currency option which sets all the prices to the chosen currency for all products. Probably the first foreign online retailer that shows no hints of "engrish")
6)These guys have the largest inventory for import titles/hardware and have a small section for brand new but old titles.

GoGamer.com

their 24 madness deals are really awesome for PC games, new ones too! and their distribution center is only 4 miles awat from me, so cheap shipping = fast >_

EB hands down, who can forget the price drops and waiting by their screens clicking refresh to see if the price drops in their cart. :lol:

Well, I haven't purchased anything from these online retailers in 2005, but I've never had a problem ordering stuff from Amazon.com in the past, so they get my vote.

It's a toss up between EB, for all the discounts, and gamefly. Even though I haven't shopped at Gamefly yet, I say they're the best online retailer. They are usually if not always the cheapest retailer for used, new titles.

EB has really been disappointing lately - their online stock seems to be dwindling and the condition of some of my recent purchases has me looking for another online site.

ebGames. Their support of CAG with CAG16 and CAG15 settles that one (not to meniton SAVER shipping, and the EDGE card).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back