Best options for importing jap games?

Viper187

CAG Newbie
I really hope there's some place reliable with better pricing than Play-Asia for a jap consoles/games to the US. I'm looking to get an Xbox360 and some games (EDF 2025, among others). I've been looking around and hmv.co.jp seems interesting but I don't have any experience with them. Anyone shopped there at all or have other recommendations?

Last edited by a moderator:
3sw33a.jpg

I really hope there's some place reliable with better pricing than Play-Asia for a jap consoles/games to the US. I'm looking to get an Xbox360 and some games (EDF 2025, among others). I've been looking around and hmv.co.jp seems interesting but I don't have any experience with them. Anyone shopped there at all or have other recommendations?
Summarize.

I'm looking to get a Japanese Xbox360 (NTSC-J) and some games to the US. I can't seem to find a reliable source to make that purchase. Anyone have any previous experience shopping at hmv.co.jp or any other online stores? I'm open to suggestions.

Usually go with Play-Asia as they specifically state no region protection. Sorry I am no help but changing OP may make it easier for someone to answer you.

Summarize.

I'm looking to get a Japanese Xbox360 (NTSC-J) and some games to the US. I can't seem to find a reliable source to make that purchase. Anyone have any previous experience shopping at hmv.co.jp or any other online stores? I'm open to suggestions.

Usually go with Play-Asia as they specifically state no region protection. Sorry I am no help but changing OP may make it easier for someone to answer you.
Play-Asia is extremely overpriced for consoles. I know what I want is region locked so I want a fair price on the japan region console itself. Hell, I can't even find the 4GB console without Kinect listed on play-asia right now.

eBay is a good place to look (for games, maybe not for consoles).  I've purchased two Japanese PS3 games on there so far-- one new and one used-- and both cost substantially less than any online store.

Play-Asia is probably the worst choice for importing.  Waaaay overpriced.

Yup. out of curiosity I actually checked prices on play-asia and other (better) import sites but sigh... avatar + OP certainly doesn't help me to want to post relevant info...

Sorry I am no help but changing OP may make it easier for someone to answer you.

Compare prices with amazon.co.jp and ebay.  I've bought some things with PlayAsia and it's a fine service.  No experience with HMV though. 

Compare prices with amazon.co.jp and ebay. I've bought some things with PlayAsia and it's a fine service. No experience with HMV though.
Pisses me off amazon.co.jp doesn't export games/consoles. I've gotten plenty of blu-rays from international amazon sites before (Canada, UK, France, Germany).

Pisses me off amazon.co.jp doesn't export games/consoles. I've gotten plenty of blu-rays from international amazon sites before (Canada, UK, France, Germany).
Same here and it's not just amazon.co.jp but all international amazon sites won't ship games to the US. Luckily I have a friend in Europe that happily forwards games to me. =)

Same here and it's not just amazon.co.jp but all international amazon sites won't ship games to the US. Luckily I have a friend in Europe that happily forwards games to me. =)
What the hell exclusives does Europe get that are worth having?

So does anyone have experience with nippon-yasan or hmv.co.jp? They both look good. I read some complaints of issues nippon-yasan was having with shipping Vitas, but that was apparently due to lithium battery shipping restrictions. Not an issue with Xbox.

bread's done
Back