best peer to peer network?

ARg!!! Not a single person said Direct Connect!!!

Lol...w/ DC you can download full folders...so you get all of the files you need in one fell swoop....

Download DC++ - its the best out there.

Kaaza and Limewire is great when you want spyware, viruses and the RIAA on your ass.

Shareaza is the best I've used; better than Kazaa, BearShare, Limewire, etc.

It integrates Edonkey, Gnutella, BitTorrent, Limewire, and its own Shareaza network.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']ARg!!! Not a single person said Direct Connect!!!

Lol...w/ DC you can download full folders...so you get all of the files you need in one fell swoop....

Download DC++ - its the best out there.

Kaaza and Limewire is great when you want spyware, viruses and the RIAA on your ass.[/quote]

I used to use DC. It's too much of a pain, what with half the rooms having a sharing minimum.

[quote name='bignick']Wow, so no one else here uses usenet? Thats a shame.[/quote]

Gimme some info on it, I'll definately give it a try

[quote name='pbates86']Hey Girion47,

How did you get bittorrent to work through though your college firewall?[/quote]

I too would like to know this, but I fear there is nothing to be done. I'm just going to have to get used to yellow smileys (azureus)

[quote name='Moxio']Shareaza is the best I've used; better than Kazaa, BearShare, Limewire, etc.[/quote]

i also suggest shareaza. the fact that it supports torrents in addition to other sources is why it rules.

[quote name='javeryh']How does supernova.org work?[/quote]

It's really, really, REALLY not that hard to use...

Go to site. Search for file that you want. When you find it, click on the link. Allow Bittorrent to open the file. Wait for download to finish. Enjoy.

[quote name='Zmonkay'][quote name='pbates86']Hey Girion47,

How did you get bittorrent to work through though your college firewall?[/quote]

I too would like to know this, but I fear there is nothing to be done. I'm just going to have to get used to yellow smileys (azureus)[/quote]

There are several trackers that use ports that colleges don't recognize and allow you to DL torrents with.

I can't believe so many people still use P2P. Bittorrent is the greatest invention. ever.

oh and i tried supernova.org a while back and it crippled my computer after i installed the software. Now i'm scared of it.

[quote name='javeryh']can the RIAA track you using bittorrent?[/quote]

If they collected the IPs gathered for the upload, then yes I would think they could.

[quote name='bignick']Wow, so no one else here uses usenet? Thats a shame.[/quote]

I would use UseNet, except for the fact it costs monthly.

[quote name='Moxio'][quote name='bignick']Wow, so no one else here uses usenet? Thats a shame.[/quote]

I would use UseNet, except for the fact it costs monthly.[/quote]

no way!!! Most ISPs give you free access to their newsgroups! I download directly from my ISPs servers. Its usually news.ISP.com

[quote name='Moxio'][quote name='javeryh']can the RIAA track you using bittorrent?[/quote]

If they tried to, quite easily.[/quote]

So what's the point? It's not worth the chance (no matter how small) of a permanent scar on your record to grab a few low quality $10 CDs...

[quote name='bignick'][quote name='Moxio'][quote name='bignick']Wow, so no one else here uses usenet? Thats a shame.[/quote]

I would use UseNet, except for the fact it costs monthly.[/quote]

no way!!! Most ISPs give you free access to their newsgroups! I download directly from my ISPs servers. Its usually news.ISP.com[/quote]

Hmm I never knew that.

I'll definitely take a look into this.

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='javeryh']can the RIAA track you using bittorrent?[/quote]

If they collected the IPs gathered for the upload, then yes I would think they could.[/quote]

i've gotten an email from comcast to stop downloading movies, but nothing really happened after that so i just use peerguardian or protowall in case.

I use www.suprnova.org with Azureus relgiously. All i do is double click on the file in suprnova and it starts Downloading. Its much faster than Kazaa Lite and i Downloaded Saw 1 week before it hit theaters (w00t) and it only took about 8 hours (w00t)

bread's done
Back