--- Best Pen ---

dmpolska

CAGiversary!
In your opinion what's the best pen out there? I've been looking for a good pen (one for writing in class etc.) for a while but i've been unable to find a good one... in your opinion, whats the best pen? Thanks for your opinions.

[quote name='dcfox']I really like the pilot pens alot. They have a good point to them and they last for a while too.[/quote]

I like them too.

Are you looking for disposible or no?

[quote name='dcfox']I really like the pilot pens alot. They have a good point to them and they last for a while too.[/quote]

That's what I also use, the G-2. Nice pens and cheap enough that when I best one it's not a big deal.

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='dcfox']I really like the pilot pens alot. They have a good point to them and they last for a while too.[/quote]

That's what I also use, the G-2. Nice pens and cheap enough that when I best one it's not a big deal.[/quote]

I use the Pilot G2 as well. You can get a 12 pack for relatively cheap at Sams. I also use and recommend the Papermate Xtend.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='dcfox']I really like the pilot pens alot. They have a good point to them and they last for a while too.[/quote]

I like them too.

Are you looking for disposible or no?[/quote]

Yeah, ones that I can use and throw out. :)

The Pilot G2 sounds like a popular choice so far. More input will be always appreciated too... I will look into everyone mentioned here (well almost).

And my office max doesn't have any doodle aisle type thing.

I agree with many others here the pilot G2's are nice, but the cheap black ink, white cased Bic Stics are a favorite of mine too, and are really cheap!

Pilot G2 is pretty nice but it can really go crazy with the ink sometimes (or maybe it was just that one?). Right now I use a black Uni-ball "Vision Exact". It has a pretty fine tip and gives you a good amount of ink on the paper.

Try out a bunch of different pens from friends and whatnot to find one you like. I'm a fan of the various Pilot V-Ball (Fine and Extra Fine depending on what kind of work I'm doing) as well as this one that was called something like "Onyx" which I used a whole lot a few years ago. Can't remember if that was the right name or not (nor who made it), otherwise I'd probably be using them instead of the Pilot ones. =/

Those cheapass Bic pens are nice when you're doing something that doesn't have to be very fancy and you need really cheap pens. They were perfect when I was working in a lab over last summer and our working conditions were pretty messy.

Papermate Flexgrip Ultra (MEDIUM)

Best pen EVER.

I have one in my pocket at ALL times and it never fails to work when I need it most.

Papermate Flexgrip Ultra (MEDIUM)

Best pen EVER.

I have one in my pocket at ALL times and it never fails to work when I need it most.

Best pen evar = Papermate Comfortmate (retractable)
the comfortmate is basically an evolved form of the flexgrip pens.

S0056853_std.jpg

Pricey but good, space pens. They have one guaranteed to last you your entire life. Brookstone carries em, but all models are over 20.

Currently, I use Sanford's Uniball Micro. I got a pack of 24 at Costco for about $10 (I don't remember the exact price). I like it because it's great and cheap.

If you're looking for ballpoint ones, I used to like Pentel's RSVP. However, the pen seems to die out a lot faster than the ink shows. If you look at my history notes, you can see the color slowly fades away. I'm not exactly sure what happen, and it took me 2 pens to find the pattern. So I decided to go with the Uniball. Maybe I'll give it a try again after my Uniball dies out...

Bic Cristals. I fucking live on them. I rarely use anything else. Usually go through about 3 a year. Those things last.

cristal0.jpg

For Cheapness I love either the Pilot G2 or their Q7s. They're great, very comfortable and they'll last on you. For the Pens/Pencils that are a little pricier, I gotta hand it to my Pilot Dr. Grip or my Papermate PH.D. Those are the absolute best pens I have.

[quote name='murcielago77']honestly, the regular bic ball point pens are great. They are cheap, durable, and write farely well[/quote]

Agreed. They are my favorite pens. Cheap, and they do what they need to.

[quote name='murcielago77']honestly, the regular bic ball point pens are great. They are cheap, durable, and write farely well[/quote]

The Cristals? (One I just posted above your post) They're awesome.

[quote name='Hodaka']heh, and I just use whatever free pen I get from some promotion or I find in the floor somewhere :)[/quote]

That's what I did through out high school, then freshman year of College I found a G-2. Haven't used another pen since.

Pilot G-2. I've been using them for work, general use, and most especially gaming notes for over five years now. I haven't found anything else that can match their quality, and comfort of use.

They cost more than the average pen, but they're worth every penny. And totally refillable via new cartidges.

My cheapass answer is the plain old bic pens. Not only are they cheap they dont feel like your righting with a fucking 10 pound sword.

I really like the Pilot V5 precise. I have used them for 6-7 years and I still love them. They almost never run out and it's not messy. It looks decent as well. It's not exactly cheap (around 99 cents when bought in packs)

Forget pens. Mechanical pencils are the way to go. My favorite is the papermate with the black plastic groove grip. It's pimp and the women love it.

Its all about the Pilot G-2 07. It so smooth, and with the rubber grip I can right some gnarly papers for long periods of time. I use the Precise V5 for doodling, and other crap that requires small details.

Like another poster eluded too I used the Pilot v series ones all through out high school and college...I guess I like them because they don't seem to make my hands hurt as much as others after writing butt loads of stuff

bread's done
Back