Best place to buy a 20/60GB Ipod.

Forest Mercenary

CAGiversary!
Costco now carries them, and in the coming week, I plan to go to a mall which has an Apple store. Anyone know what the cheapest method of getting a 20/60GB ipod is? Photo or not.

Thanks in advance.

My girlfriend got a decent deal by going to the Apple store and showing her student ID. If you're a college student and your school participates, you get a certain percentage off, and since those damn things cost an arm and a leg, you end up saving quite a few bucks. You can find out if your school participates by going to the apple website; if it doesn't, bring a friend whose school does and get him/her to buy you one.

[quote name='Ricochet']My girlfriend got a decent deal by going to the Apple store and showing her student ID. If you're a college student and your school participates, you get a certain percentage off, and since those damn things cost an arm and a leg, you end up saving quite a few bucks. You can find out if your school participates by going to the apple website; if it doesn't, bring a friend whose school does and get him/her to buy you one.[/QUOTE]

All you really need is any school ID. There is no "participating schools" clause. The discount is 10%

If you're in school you could check your school's campus store. Mine sells them with the 10% discount.

[quote name='2poor']did you miss the big $20 ipod sale?[/QUOTE]

Huh, what $20 Ipod sale are you talking about?

Anyway, not a ba thread OP. I'm looking for an mp3 player with at least 30 GB and the 60 is the biggest I've seen and most light weight. ANyody know when Apple will announce the next gen of Ipods?

there was the sale at one of the office suppy stores for like 69$ and then 10$ off. Other then that i want to know also. Im soon getting a 40Gig but i think ill wait till 5th Generation.

[quote name='Chris Dillon']there was the sale at one of the office suppy stores for like 69$ and then 10$ off. Other then that i want to know also. Im soon getting a 40Gig but i think ill wait till 5th Generation.[/QUOTE]

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61715

yeah it was a "sale" that almost didn't exist: no one could find any of the iPods for a while.

Anyway, you can always get an iPod for free if you click on the link in my signature.

[quote name='2poor']did you miss the big $20 ipod sale?[/QUOTE]

You mean the sale that practically only a couple people got in on?

You don't need to make the guy feel bad you know.

my bad. didnt want to make him feel bad. i was just asking if he knew about that staples sale.

[quote name='2poor']my bad. didnt want to make him feel bad. i was just asking if he knew about that staples sale.[/QUOTE]

He obviously didn't, or did and didn't get in on it, else he probably wouldn't be asking.

But yeah.... no worries.

$20 for an ipod? Sigh - yes, I missed out/didn't hear about it. I'm a total ipod nub, and frankly won't fill the 60GB even close to capacity, so ideally I would like the 20GB Photo new-gen ipod at a good price. I am a student, and the student discount could work, but 10% isn't that much, and I was hoping for a bigger sale. Last time I was in the Apple store, I believe I remember seeing the 20GB Photo ipod for $299, and the 60GB for $399, to give you guys the perspective of what the store sells them for.

bread's done
Back