Best place to buy a 360?

Extended warrenty is a good idea because it takes about 3 weeks to a month turnaround from M$ for repair... and anywhere you can find 2 games that come with the system is a good deal...

I wouldn't bother with extended warranty myself, the new Falcon chipsets (and other misc upgraded parts) are a lot more reliable than the original models with the failure rates as high as 30%. Save yourself some money.

Right now I think you'll get a really good deal on the 20gb Pro model because they're getting cleared out. You could also piece together a new Arcade bundle and then go find a good price on a bigger HDD, which seem to be what people are doing lately.

I agree with Rocky that the new 360s are much more reliable and that the Futureshop extended warranty is not worth the extra 100 or so dollars.

If for some reason you're in Winnipeg, check out the radio ads on 92 Citi FM on Saturday morning. Today, there was a computer store downtown selling off Premium 360 bundles with an extra controller and Halo 3 for $250.

Otherwise, Futureshop seems to have the best deal right now. Especially if you manage to find a Premium for $199, or they run out of the two free games (DOA and Gears) and offer you a free $60 replacement!

Not really. Again, $199.99 for 20gb at Future Shop is your best bet. They're still around. I had two friends pick them up yesterday.

Craigslist.

You can get a brand new sealed in box one for atleast $20-$80 off the regular price. On top of that you won't have to pay 13% tax (which is atleast another 25 bucks).

Try to get one that was manufactured in 2008 so you'll have warranty till 2011. No need for extended warranty from ANYWHERE. But with the recent price drop I don't know if the people selling in craigslist will be able to provide THAT good of a deal. In that case check out the deal at futureshop (60 gb, forced unleashed and gears 2 for $199+tx)

I got mine last summer from a guy in craigslist for $320 when they were going for $399 at futureshop. If you do go with craigslist make sure you set the meeting at a public spot.

Even if you can't find a 20GB model, I'd still recommend Future Shop. Find a nice clerk and ask them nicely to swap out the two free games for two games you'd actually like (probably easier at a store that's out of one of the free games). Worked for me, I got two games I was going to buy anyway free with an Arcade. Whatever you do, avoid the extended warranty (or replacement plan for the Arcade), it's completely useless.

I was at the Future Shop customer service desk when someone tried to exchange a 360 that had red ringed and he had an extended warranty the CRS would not do it. She explained the extended Warranty is for things not covered by the Manufacture's warranty, Microsoft has a three year warranty on Red Ring there for you have to go through them. The sales person had told him with the extended warranty you'll get it exchanged in store for a new console if it Red Rings.

When buying an extended warranty do not listen to what the sales person says, read the pamphlet that explains what it covers and what it doesn't if you have questions talk to the people at the Customer Service Desk. The CSR's are the ones you'll be dealing with warranty issues anyway...

If you've waited this long to buy an Xbox and aren't even considering one with a decent sized harddrive, I think having a Falcon is not a major concern...

So wait is the Falcon good or bad?
Rocky071 you just confused me with you last words "I think having a Falcon is not a major concern..."

I just (NOW) bought the Arcade model, anyone know is these come with the non-RROD chips (the falcon or non-falcon chips? whichever reduced the RROD rate)

And which models at FS have the 2 games free thing?? I can't seem to see and specials.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back