Best place to buy a Xbox 360 hard drive?

Check Woot.com today! 55 bucks shipped and comes with a transfer cable! One day only though since it's woot.

[quote name='Ktdata']Check Woot.com today! 55 bucks shipped and comes with a transfer cable! One day only though since it's woot.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I caught it in time. Same day I asked, too. How's that for irony?

Thanks all.

Speaking of that woot deal, does anyone know if you can swap shells on a hard drive for the 360 without voiding your warranty? I'm just wondering since I got one as well but the grey shell doesn't match my black 360.

[quote name='probablysober']Speaking of that woot deal, does anyone know if you can swap shells on a hard drive for the 360 without voiding your warranty? I'm just wondering since I got one as well but the grey shell doesn't match my black 360.[/QUOTE]

It'll only void the warranty on the hard drive itself. When you send in your 360 for warranty repair they tell you to remove the hard drive, face plate, no cables or power supply, etc.

I grabbed the HDD off of Woot as well and I'm going to transplant it into my BK 4gb kinect winning!

[quote name='egonpax']It'll only void the warranty on the hard drive itself. When you send in your 360 for warranty repair they tell you to remove the hard drive, face plate, no cables or power supply, etc.

I grabbed the HDD off of Woot as well and I'm going to transplant it into my BK 4gb kinect winning![/QUOTE]

Thanks, I figured that but I was hoping that like the faceplate it would come off easily.

bread's done
Back