Best place to buy computer parts?

saadman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hey CAGs, I'm looking to upgrade my computer with a new motherboard, processor, power unit etc... Where would be the best place to look for cheap deals on parts like these?

Thanks.

Third vote for Newegg.com, they usually have the best prices and free shipping on lots of items. They also have the BEST customer service department. Newegg use to be Egghead Software. p.s. I've built several systems and usually buy all of my parts from there because their prices are so good.

Unless you can find an insane deal somewhere else, say CompUSA though I've heard the % offs are terrible, Newegg is the way to go.

Too bad their prices get killed by CA tax. Wish they'd move their warehouse or whatever it is to freakin somewhere else already.

Since your location says Canada, and since newegg doesn't ship to Canada, you can try NCIX, http://www.ncix.com/.

Even though I'm in California, I've ordered a couple of items from them before. They seem to have competitive prices and pretty good customer service.

Recently buildt my machine 2 months ago, I used newegg, buy.com and clubIT. Sometimes buy.com is more than newegg but they have a 10% off coupon which destroys neweggs price. Check for which sites charge you tax, for me neweggs charges NJ taxes, but I had shipped to work in NY to work around that. For the best FINAL price shop around, free shipping and taxes are all things to think about.

Also don't forget that you most likly are spending 1k+ so use fatwallet cash back program, I made about $15 in cash back just on computer parts. $15 isn't much but it helps justify getting that better whatever you want.

I have to highly recommend newegg.com for their superior customer service... (I know some people, myself included who ordered rockband and never got it would be to differ)

but as far as computer parts go, they are 2nd to none. Tigerdirect.com also has some great deals and I've never had an issue with them, so if you can't use newegg.com for some reason, go to tigerdirect

I've also had great luck with a place called mwave.com, found them using froogle for a few had to find parts and they were great as well.

Compare prices on Newegg.com and TigerDirect.com

I recently built a new gaming rig. I compared prices on both sites. TigerDirect had much better rebates (5 different rebates totaling around $130) than NewEgg so I went with them. But depending on what you want to buy, both sites are generally pretty close in price, have real fast shipping and good customer service.

I would rank the sites as:

newegg.com (great prices-sign up for the newsletter as well, great reviews, great customer service)
buy.com
zipzoomfly.com
clubit.com
chiefvalue.com
tigerdirect.com

If all other things are equal, go newegg.com, otherwise go by lowest price. Rebates are not always hassle-free. pricegrabber.com sometimes helps in price comparison.

cananda?
most sites don't ship to canada- but tigerdirect.com does

edit: sharkyextreme.com is worth checking out

bread's done
Back