Best place to find movie posters?

becker4546

CAGiversary!
Feedback
118 (100%)
Doing a Google search shows a few websites that basically seem the same. I guess I'm looking for personal experiences or recommendations.

I admit I don't know a whole lot about posters but I'm looking for higher quality, maybe even framed.

Thanks in advance,

- Jason

I recommend allposters.com as well. I ordered 6 or 7 posters from them about 2 years ago...good shipping, great posters.

I would say the CAG way would be hit up the movie theatres or video stores. I know they usually get thrown out or called dibs on. I have one store I know of that sells movie posters for a buck or so after they aren't a new release anymore.

[quote name='Pyloric']I agree with allposters being awesome, but where would a CAG go to get a frame for said awesome poster?[/QUOTE]

Michaels or Hobby Lobby. Really any hobby store should have a decent selection. I know michaels often has them on sale for 50% off. Check there. Or if you just want some crap plastic ones, Walmart has a selection for the cheaps.

I use a rebate program for Allposters.com The rebate program right now gives 8% rebate on all purchases. You need to wait 90 days and have at least $10 to get your cash. If you sign up with my e-mail you will start with $5 and then will get 8% rebate on allposters.com .

I always find it worth it to use any way to save money. It all adds up.

mrrebates.com is the rebate program, if you would like my e-mail just pm me.

Depending on where your at in illinois go to a family video. Most of them change their posters every week and just throw the old ones out if no one asks for them over the next day or two.

Beware if you buy a movie theater poster that the size is 41" x 27" size which was a size specifically for theater posters. If its not this size then its not a orginal movie poster but a fake or copy. Also you can not find this size frame at Michaels or Walmart. The only place that I have found them cheap was Suncoast which charges $20 for.

Thanks for all the posts guys.

Not really looking for anything recent that I could get straight from the theater, especially considering this has been a god awful year for movies, maybe Inception in a few weeks.

A couple off the top of my head would be There Will Be Blood, Reqiuem for a Dream, maybe No Country. I think I'll give Allposters.com a shot, anyone ever get something framed on there?

- Jason

[quote name='SMITTYBLAZE']A god awful year for movies?

Have you heard of Toy Story 3?[/QUOTE]

It will take more than 1 movie to classify this year as anything more than "A god awful year for movies" This year has been terrible, hopefully Inception is awesome. After that I don't think I want to see a movie until Eastwood's "Hereafter".

[quote name='SLeeK719']It will take more than 1 movie to classify this year as anything more than "A god awful year for movies" This year has been terrible, hopefully Inception is awesome. After that I don't think I want to see a movie until Eastwood's "Hereafter".[/QUOTE]
I thought the new Karate Kid was GREAT.. but I wouldn't buy a poster for it I don't think.

bread's done
Back