Best place to get a 360 harddrive?

Calinks

CAGiversary!
Hey fellas. My original 20 Gig HD is just not cutting it at all anymore. I have managed this thing forever but it's getting to the point where I don't want to delete anything left. I would really like to upgrade to anything bigger but $100 seems like a lot of money to drop on a HD. Anyone know of anyplace to get a deal on one? Thanks.

I got one for sale on my trade list, and it is definitely not a fake

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up a used authentic 120gb one off ebay for $45 not too long ago.

But you just have to be aware there are a lot of custom made ones on eBay as well, so be wary, but you can definitely make out quite well on eBay.

If you know you want to upgrade to one giant drive, then look for a hard drive, but if you just need more space, you could always use USB drives. You only get a maximum of 16 gigs per unit, but they're a lot cheaper.

I always see some good deals on Craigslist.

Like a 60GB one for about $40. I just don't have the $$$ myself and I need space too. :whistle2:|

I'm aware of the cheap knock-offs around but these seems legit where someone just upgraded and wants to get rid of their older genuine HDD.

[quote name='TXboxGuY']I always see some good deals on Craigslist.

Like a 60GB one for about $40. I just don't have the $$$ myself and I need space too. :whistle2:|

I'm aware of the cheap knock-offs around but these seems legit where someone just upgraded and wants to get rid of their older genuine HDD.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't consider that a good deal.. how much cents per gigabyte is that? I saw a 120gb on here for $50/60 and another person selling 60gb for the same price, wat?

I would say Ebay as you can dispute it if it's broken/dead, sometimes flea markets/craigslist too but there's an asshole once in a while that sells you something broke for a cheap price ( that's why it was cheap ) :headache:

[quote name='Squarehard']I picked up a used authentic 120gb one off ebay for $45 not too long ago.

But you just have to be aware there are a lot of custom made ones on eBay as well, so be wary, but you can definitely make out quite well on eBay.[/QUOTE]
Same here.

[quote name='Squarehard']I picked up a used authentic 120gb one off ebay for $45 not too long ago.

But you just have to be aware there are a lot of custom made ones on eBay as well, so be wary, but you can definitely make out quite well on eBay.[/QUOTE]

Bought my 120gb back in February for $60 shipped off eBay. There is ATON of fakes online, I just used the keyword OEM when I searched for mine - still spam but meh, I got a real one in the end.

I've heard that most of the counterfeit drives won't allow you to play backwards compatible titles on the 360. That would be one way I'd determine if it was a genuine HDD.

[quote name='TXboxGuY']I've heard that most of the counterfeit drives won't allow you to play backwards compatible titles on the 360. That would be one way I'd determine if it was a genuine HDD.[/QUOTE]

Yeh but in order to test it you would have to buy it first.

my friend just picked up a brand new 250gb for $78 from amazon warehouse. i mean it was literally brand new, when he opened it he couldn't believe they discounted it so much because one of the corners in the thick plastic packaging was dented.

[quote name='TiKi2']Yeh but in order to test it you would have to buy it first.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, of course. Then again there are people who don't even bother with backwards compatible stuff. They don't care as long as they are connected to Xbox LIVE and have more space for all their saves, videos, etc.

bread's done
Back