Best Place to get a Subscription to DirecTV?

Frank784

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (75%)
I'm not sure if this is the most fitting place to put this request in, but I don't know where else to go. My parents are moving from one part of Orlando to another and since we've had television we've had cable. The former owner of the home had directv, I believe, and the setup(dish and hookups) are already there. My father said that when he called to transfer the electric to his name they also wanted to sign him up to direcTV through them...they also wanted to set us up with an internet service as well, an electric company. He said they had some offer of a visa gift card, and he's also seen offers from other places that get you to sign up through them for Directv.

My question is would the best thing be to just call DirecTV directly, or can you get better subscription prices, or other incentives by going elsewhere? I'm up in Tallahassee and he's asking me what he should do, and personally never having even looked at different Satellite services I have no idea what to be looking for.

-Frank

[quote name='Frank784']I'm not sure if this is the most fitting place to put this request in, but I don't know where else to go. My parents are moving from one part of Orlando to another and since we've had television we've had cable. The former owner of the home had directv, I believe, and the setup(dish and hookups) are already there. My father said that when he called to transfer the electric to his name they also wanted to sign him up to direcTV through them...they also wanted to set us up with an internet service as well, an electric company. He said they had some offer of a visa gift card, and he's also seen offers from other places that get you to sign up through them for Directv.

My question is would the best thing be to just call DirecTV directly, or can you get better subscription prices, or other incentives by going elsewhere? I'm up in Tallahassee and he's asking me what he should do, and personally never having even looked at different Satellite services I have no idea what to be looking for.

-Frank[/QUOTE]

go to directv themself. if you get a 3rd party its more likely they will ##$#$# up your install .

[quote name='slidecage']go to directv themself. if you get a 3rd party its more likely they will ##$#$# up your install .[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my old man messed up and signed up for it through Best Buy last year. Let's just say his install experience was less than stellar (an understatement at that).

You might want to ask your question again here, although they might tell you the same thing slidecage told you:

http://www.dbstalk.com/index.php

I've been a DirecTV customer for over 10 years if you decided you
want to sign up with them I can give you a link that gives you...

FREE DVR or HD receiver upgrade after $100 mail-in rebate
FREE standard installation of a DIRECTV® System for up to three additional rooms
FREE DVD player (after mail-in redemption, while supplies last)
Plus, FREE handling and delivery

Let me know. - Will

Will, is that the same deal posted at Directv.com? I think the main thing is my father has no idea what package he wants to get. He sees offers for three month trials in different places, along with the fact that hes never had a DVR. I know there's already a satellite and hookup to a couple of rooms, so I wouldn't know if that mean its already installed, or do they have to come to the house and set something up and call that installation.

Thanks,

Frank

bread's done
Back