Best Place To Trade in Hardware Without Hassle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hambone30

CAG Veteran
Hey guys,

Long story, but I got a 360 "Tard Pack" without a HD for relatively cheap. It's in perfect condition and never opened.. So I got this bright idea that I might try to take it back to a store and hand them $100 to get the shiny new white Xbox 360 (full version with HD.)

I know that this might be tricky.. Do you guys have any advice or stores I should try this at? I'm thinking Wal-Mart might be the best shot..

Thanks!

[quote name='WebScud']Since all stores track the serial number you're not going to get very far.[/quote]

People return stuff like this that were gifts all the time. You might be right, but some stores just aren't going to care.

Thanks for the reply, though. I'm not looking to rip them off. This thing has never been opened and I want to buy the more expensive version.

[quote name='WebScud']Since all stores track the serial number you're not going to get very far.[/QUOTE]

Not all stores. Walmart didn't when I returned an XBox a year and a half ago and I even had the reciept.

[quote name='hambone30']Hey guys,

Long story, but I got a 360 "Tard Pack" without a HD for relatively cheap. It's in perfect condition and never opened.. So I got this bright idea that I might try to take it back to a store and hand them $100 to get the shiny new white Xbox 360 (full version with HD.)

I know that this might be tricky.. Do you guys have any advice or stores I should try this at? I'm thinking Wal-Mart might be the best shot..

Thanks![/quote]

Repeat after me: Grandma and Grandpa got me this to be nice, but mistakenly got the wrong one. Aren't old people so adorable?

Why not just take it back to the store where you got it?

If not that (maybe you got it on Ebay?), I would say just take it back to Wal Mart and tell them the truth. You'd be surprised what they'll do for you and it saves the stress of having to be sneaky.

Wal*Mart allows you 3 returns per year without a receipt. How do I know this? I admit to having 'milked' the system before. I can't count how many games people gave me as presents with no gift receipt.

However, as others have mentioned, game consoles have serial #'s(even the old PS1s, which I never knew) and most are in barcode form anymore.

Most retail stores scan the barcode and it appears right on your receipt when you check out.

So, unless you get a very disgruntled Walmart employee who could care LESS where you got this thing from, you're probably SOL.

And, why not just pick up the HD for another $100, since thats all ya seem to want ANYWAY is the 360 WITH the HD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back