Best place to work

[quote name='Karuto']@rdwd39 -- Not as bad as I had it over the summer working at a Dell kiosk. I almost caused what could've been a humongous lawsuit over identity theft. Thank god I had what was the ex-senior manager of Best Buy and head of Geek Squad to help me avoid that problem. :p[/quote]
haha, yep you win! :)

[quote name='dpadilla4']Join the military we take kids at 17 with a GED or high school diploma:D Call of duty 4 will become real[/quote]

and you will die just like you do in cod4.

my two favorite jobs when i was in highschool / college were:

1. Movie Theater - I worked for AMC. As an Usher you have a ton of downtime. You only really work after a movie lets out. The rest of the time you are supposed to patrol and make sure folks aren't doing anything to disrupt others. Which basically means you walk into a theater and watch movies.

Concessions was pretty fun as well, although hectic pre-showtime.

2. Pizza delivery, if you are in a good neighboorhood, is awesome. You spent a lot of time in your car listening to music. Base pay is higher than a server plus you get tips and if you use your own car you get a mileage or per delivery bonus. Not sure how good of a deal this is now with gas around $3 / gallon -- when I was delivering it was around 80 cents :)

I work at a best buy and was started at 10.30 in the geek squad. Not a bad place to work at all, discount is good, accommodation are great (Just ordered 2 Klipsch F-3 Floor standing speakers for 70% off) Management tend to be a joke but its not too bad

YMMV, if the other workers are all a bunch of assholes it wont be fun. Or 1 asshole manager. Talk to workers and ask them if they like working there.

costco is a good place.

avoid most supermarkets(in california) anyways,.

Really any place that has good atmosphere

[quote name='banpeikun']i'm calling bs on this one. no one is going to pay a 17 year old $50/hr to teach music except maybe a relative.[/QUOTE]

How exactly would you like me to prove it to you? Post my income tax returns? Short story is thus:

I was one of the top pianists in the state for my age, quite literally having won numerous music competitions and cash prizes (anywhere from $100 to $1500) for the past several years. A former judge called me one day asking me to take over a body of about twenty students from a local art center--the current teacher was moving due to a sudden emergency. He'd put in a good word for me and suggested I give it a try (even though I'd never taught musically before)... the previous teacher was charging $30 per half hour lesson, and I figured that since I was inexperienced I'd offer a discount, but not so big of one as to make people believe that I was unqualified. Hence the way I landed at $25 per half-hour lesson (which is $50/hour... in case you're trying to follow the math ;) ).

Turns out that I'm something of a natural teacher, and my students (mostly children) fell in love with their new teacher. I never had much more than twenty-five students at any given time, so it was always a part-time position, and these days I limit myself to ten due to other pressures on my time. I also make it a rule to teach at least one student for free (for families who can't afford lessons) in order to give back to the community.

And no, none of my students were relatives.

If you have trouble believing that, so be it--I'm not going to waste any more time trying to 'prove' my life story to you.

I used to work at Hollywood Video and Circuit City. They were both pretty fun.

I wouldn't recommend working at Circuit City anymore though, lol.

But Hollywood Video was quite possibly the easiest job ever. I literally did nothing. Only downside is shitty pay.

bread's done
Back