Best Pokemon game for DS?

If you want a main series game than Black/White is probably considered the best.

If you want a spin-off series than I really have no idea what the best would be but will give a few peraonal opinions on them.

The Dungeon Explorers games where decent I think and reminded me a lot of older rogue like games but were not as strict about deaths.

The Ranger games I think we're really fun and probably my favorite spin-off series. The games are all touch screen based and you don't actually catch Pokemon you befriend them.

Conquest was a good SRPG from the little that I played it but it seemed like it just tried to drag out ai much stuff for me. If you like FF Tactics then I would say you would like Conquest as well.

My friend convinced me to get Pokemon Black since I've never played any Pokemon game. Pretty good so far, but I realized 20 minutes into the game, it doesn't auto-save and when I turned it back on to play it my game save wasnt there. EPIC FAIL! :wall:

[quote name='sasukekun']My friend convinced me to get Pokemon Black since I've never played any Pokemon game. Pretty good so far, but I realized 20 minutes into the game, it doesn't auto-save and when I turned it back on to play it my game save wasnt there. EPIC FAIL! :wall:[/QUOTE]

You work at gamestop and you've never played a Pokemon game? :wall:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KtMack23']You work at gamestop and you'd never played a Pokemon game? :wall:[/QUOTE]

Nope. Haven't played any sports/racing games either.

Just started playing Borderlands GotY the other day.

[quote name='sasukekun']Nope. Haven't played any sports/racing games either.

Just started playing Borderlands GotY the other day.[/QUOTE]

Well sports game suck (outside of skate) and racing usually does too. And I haven't played Borderlands either.

But what is your genre of "expertise"?

[quote name='KtMack23']Well sports game suck (outside of skate) and racing usually does too. And I haven't played Borderlands either.

But what is your genre of "expertise"?[/QUOTE]

Shooters, RPG, Action/Adventure mostly. Mostly try to cover all the AAA titles (CoD, Uncharted, RDR, Ninja Gaiden, Final Fantasy, AC, etc.)

I bought Pokemon Conquest and am loving it. And I'm really bored with the Pokemon series in general since it's barely changed since the Gameboy days.

I appreciate the input, guys. Looks like I'll pick up Black or White. I'm interested to see what the newest Pokemon characters are named and look like.

Get Pokemon soul silver or heart gold. Those have so much content and will introduce you to old school pokemon.

bread's done
Back