Best portable turn-based strategy games?

2Fast

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
What are some good turn-based strategy games for the DS and/or PSP? I love both Advance Wars games for DS as well as Age of Empires, but what about for the PSP? Anything else I'm missing out on DS-wise?

Do strategy RPGs count? If so then Jeanne d'Arc, Disgaea, and Final Fantasy Tactics are at the top of the list for PSP.

There is also Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command, but I'm not sure how good that is.

[quote name='Codemaster']Do strategy RPGs count? If so then Jeanne d'Arc, Disgaea, and Final Fantasy Tactics are at the top of the list for PSP.

There is also Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command, but I'm not sure how good that is.[/quote]

Yeah they count. I've always wanted to try RPG turn-based strategy games, but have yet to. I want to get FFT for PSP when it drops in price.

Try Fire Emblem if you like Advance Wars. Field Commander on PSP is basiclly a rip off of Advance Wars, right down to the way you captaure cities.

[quote name='2Fast']Definitely will keep my eye out for that!

Anyone play Panzer Tactics or Front Mission DS? And although it's not really in the same vein as the others, what is everyone's thoughts on Sim City DS?[/quote] I played front missionDS and liked it, its not as good as the other front mission games. I would recomend Super robot taisen if you are into games like front mission.

I played both Jeanne D'Arc and Field Commander on the PSP and loved them. Not mentioned yet are Tactics Ogre for GBA SP and Metal Gear Acid 2 for PSP.

Final Fantasy Tactics:The War of the Lions.

After sinking 30+ hours into Jeanne D'Arc, that game is horribly overrated, its like my first SRPG.

[quote name='Codemaster']
There is also Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command, but I'm not sure how good that is.[/QUOTE]

It tastes of shit.

[quote name='Sleepkyng']uh... fire emblem?[/quote]

Fire Emblem!

Sacred stones is easier to find (it's the second one). Might have to go to ebay for the first one.

[quote name='2Fast']Definitely will keep my eye out for that!

Anyone play Panzer Tactics or Front Mission DS? And although it's not really in the same vein as the others, what is everyone's thoughts on Sim City DS?[/quote]
I didn't even know Front Mission hit the DS. Sim City I have yet to play, but heard it's underwhelming.

seconded on Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. Its nothing like a traditional FF game, more like an old style advance wars mixed with a pinch of pokemon, with a shitload of unique stuff like the laws system.

When is the Ds version coming out?

[quote name='SL4IN']Advance Wars.[/quote]I'd have to go with Advanced Wars also. The Onimusha games were quite good too.

I've played Front Mission DS as well. Much shorter than I expected, but as a fan of the series, I still enjoyed it.

Thirding the rec for Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. If you don't mind a fairly simple story (at least compared to the original FFT), it's a fun game.

Also, StinkyCheese: I don't think S-E has announced a (non-Japanese) release date for FFTA2 yet.

bread's done
Back