Best price for Dragon Quest 8?

madara

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
What seems to be best deal out there for big daddy of rpgs next week, DQ8? Was thinking of getting few as gifts as well. I dont have Frys in area so I was looking mostly at online.

Yeah, I'm wondering if BB or CC will have this on sale in the first few weeks. CC had SO3 for sale the week it came out, like $40.

I'm looking for the game, the limited edition guide, and the slime controller, but it's hard to find a store that has all three, let alone a good deal on the damned things.

Is DQ8 packaged in a box similar to the Star Ocean 3 box? I've heard that it comes with a playable of FFXII, so...heres hoping its a collectors box thingy.

[quote name='rockhero']I'll be happy to pay full price for this game. $50, $60, $70, whatever.[/QUOTE]

Amen. I've got it preordered at EB B&M...countin' down the days.

Try www.videogamedepot.com they have a bunch of different package deals available for DQ8.

I've ordered from them before, but I have not used them in a while, about a year, but I have never had a problem with previous orders.

I know that they have the game, slim controller, soundtrack and LE strategy guide for $120 Ultimate Combo

Videogamedepot.com has the game, limited guide, and slime controller. They also have the imported soundtrack. All slated to be in stock 11/15. Very good store.

MjC

Edit: Whoops, just a little slow on the draw.

I believe the Limited Guide has been canned. My GameStop preorder was dropped a few weeks ago and my BradyGames order was cancelled as the item is 'Currently Not For Sale'...

I'm ok with paying retail for this game. It got great reviews in the Japanese press and looks fantastic.

I have the limited guide on pre-order at Amazon and have not seen any evidence of cancellation yet.

[quote name='gunm']I'm ok with paying retail for this game. It got great reviews in the Japanese press and looks fantastic.

I have the limited guide on pre-order at Amazon and have not seen any evidence of cancellation yet.[/QUOTE]

Well if Amazon does ship them, let me know. I was a bit irked that both of my orders were cancelled w/o any notification that they were or why they were...

Best Deal is the BB Game Rush trade in two crappy games and the preorder downs to $29.99 and it takes the extra cash off the $29.99..So I traded in 2 games,it went down to 29.99 and the two games added up to 23 dollars so, I paided $7.00 for Dragon Quest 8

Man I hope the limited edition strategy guide actually gets released - I'm such a sucker for collection Dragon Warrior/Quest stuff.. I have complete copies of all the American/Japanese releases (NES/famicom/super famicom/you name it) as well as most of the guides, strategy books in both English and Japanese.

[quote name='Starky27']Well if Amazon does ship them, let me know. I was a bit irked that both of my orders were cancelled w/o any notification that they were or why they were...[/QUOTE]

Will do. It might very well be cancelled, but if so, either Amazon doesn't know about it, or they just haven't done anything about it yet.

I went to KB Toys and bought 2 crappy games for One $5.00 and the second for $2.50...
Orange sticker games are buy one and get the seconed half off..So in the end, I paid 5 + 2.50+7..So I paid $$14.50..I don't trade games in...But these were crap. And 14.50 is cheaper then a 5 off 25 or more printable at TRU

[quote name='Megamibeast']http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=281268

Gamestop with three days free shipping and the game retail for $49.99. Unless you know a place that sell it for $39.99.[/QUOTE]

I agree, no reason to be cheapskate on DQ8. This one needs to sell and sell very well but I'm looking at possibly 5 more of these as gifts so any savings would help. I guess I'll just order one for myself and wait for holiday deals on the rest.

Getting it for less than the MRSP doesn't hurt the developer, it hurt's the retailer, but no Game Rush near me, so all I've got is the Nintendo Power coupon.

[quote name='devilman13']Best Deal is the BB Game Rush trade in two crappy games and the preorder downs to $29.99 and it takes the extra cash off the $29.99..So I traded in 2 games,it went down to 29.99 and the two games added up to 23 dollars so, I paided $7.00 for Dragon Quest 8[/QUOTE]

My vote goes to Gamerush too......... I traded 2 games in and ended up paying $3 for it

gamerush is the games section of blockbuster, similar to how gamecrazy is the games section of hollywood video. Not all BB stores have a gamerush, just as not all hollywood video have game crazy

bread's done
Back