Best price for Firefly: The Complete Series on Blu-Ray

should be $44 at deep discount with the 25% off code (could get another 4% off with live cashback) unless they raise the price

have to wait until tuesday to order it though

I'd wait for some reviews before plunking down money on the BR version versus the non-BR version. Might not quite be worth the money.

I've been trying to get the 25% coupons from DeepDiscountDVD to work on this, but it doesn't seem to for a pre-order. Just a heads up. If anyone can get it to work, let us know!

to me it seems like an unfair price being its not even a full season of episodes. I really want it but not for that price, maybe 20ish seems fair. I hate how they are milking fans for every penny for a small bit of product.

[quote name='Lice']to me it seems like an unfair price being its not even a full season of episodes. I really want it but not for that price, maybe 20ish seems fair. I hate how they are milking fans for every penny for a small bit of product.[/quote]
To be completely honest, Firefly is one of the cult classics of TV shows, and quite possibly Joss Whedon's finest work (I personally enjoy Buffy the most). Because of that, Fox can do whatever they want.

not a full season? alot of shows are 13 eps in their first season so this is a full season. 20ish seems fair? if it dropped to that it would be an absolute STEAL. this version unlike the standard dvd version comes with tv special that aired and is high def. as $44 isnt an outstanding deal it is a good deal and if you dont have the standard version or are a HUGE fan you should probably pick it up. i personally am going to wait for a ~$35 deal as a $20 deal would be insane.

[quote name='Ragnarok-']To be completely honest, Firefly is one of the cult classics of TV shows, and quite possibly Joss Whedon's finest work (I personally enjoy Buffy the most). Because of that, Fox can do whatever they want.[/QUOTE]

that too

Thanks everyone, I ended up ordering from DeepDiscount w/25% off. Got it along with the Judd Apatow Comedy Collection for $83.77 total.

Both items are OOS, but I'm in no rush to get them.

[quote name='Amc5kidz']I've never seen this series but am thinking about getting it as a blind buy? What do you guys think? Should I do it?[/quote]

Firefly is absolutely brilliant.

[quote name='Amc5kidz']I've never seen this series but am thinking about getting it as a blind buy? What do you guys think? Should I do it?[/quote]
This is most definitely deserving of a blind buy.

This is one of those shows that, even if you don't appreciate the genre as a whole, you'll appreciate the brilliance that encompasses Firefly. Joss Whedon's work is always full of quick wit, small laughs, and brilliant plots. There's always a story behind what's going on, but it's lighthearted enough for you to not feel too pressured to keep up with it, and in that same sense, it's cleverly written enough to captivate your full attention from beginning to end. If you do like the genre, you'll absolutely love this show. As I said before, this is quite possibly Whedon's best work, and it's probably considered that due to its being canceled.

This is one of those shows that I have only good things to say about. There really aren't many shows (or movies) that I can say that about, but this is definitely in my top 5 all time.

I hope that helps any.

bread's done
Back