Best price on a GBA SP?

hotwls13

CAGiversary!
Feedback
89 (100%)
Now that my son has his new DS (he has had it for about 2 months) he is missing his Gameboy/Gameboy color games. So, we are back in the market for a SP. I am thinking new, but used in mint condition may be an option.

He is keeping his DS, so no trades.

[quote name='hotwls13']Now that my son has his new DS (he has had it for about 2 months) he is missing his Gameboy/Gameboy color games. So, we are back in the market for a SP. I am thinking new, but used in mint condition may be an option.

He is keeping his DS, so no trades.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure I understand, you can play gba/color games with the DS. So, unless I am missing something, there is no reason to go back to an SP.

[quote name='Circa2113']I'm not sure I understand, you can play gba/color games with the DS. So, unless I am missing something, there is no reason to go back to an SP.[/quote]

He didn't say GBA. He said GB/GBC, which the DS doesn't play.

SP's tend to sell used around $60 or $70 (They go for $80 at GS and EB, which is way overpriced). The cheapest I've seen it online from a reputable place is from eStarland, which is is for $52.95 + shipping. Link.
However, there are other options. For example, a normal GBA tend to go for $25 or cheaper. Just as well, if you only reall want it for GB and GBC games, a GBC tends to go for around $10. The only real reasons I can think of to go for the SP is if you really want the backlit screen or you really want an SP specifically. Or, depending on the age of your son, the stubborness of children.
Hope this helped.

[quote name='Trakan']He didn't say GBA. He said GB/GBC, which the DS doesn't play.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, not sure what I was thinking. I had even tried it myself a couple days ago and (of course) it didn't work. But I posted that when I was pretty tired so that would probably explain it. (Plus the fact that I go into dumbass mode every once in a while) Sorry if what i said mislead or confused anyone.

Buying a new one, you are going to be stuck to pretty much one price unless you get lucky. Buying a used one (unless at a store that gives some type of warranty/return policy) can be a bad idea. I have heard some horror stories about buying used systems both online and at retailers.

I agree with pretty much everything hoffgod said and would also recommend just getting a regular gba if your son doesn't miss the back light and the design. Or even the GBC if it's soley for the GBC/GB games. Those go really cheap now.

Also, search on Ebay/Half/Amazon every once in a while as you may find an SP still packaged and save yourself a sizeable amount of money. Well, I'm just rambling now. Good luck on finding a good deal.

bread's done
Back