Best price on an N64 console

Mr Durand Pierre

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Anyone know a good deal on an N64 console? I know EB used to have them for $15, but I can't find the link anywhere, so I doubt that's still good. Any good deals elsewhere?

I don't think EB and GS still carry N64 systems, although I still did see some last spring in store. Gamecrazy's still carry N64, they get them in quite a lot, now that the idio...I mean nice kids are willing to trade in N64 with games and first party controllers for Grand Theft Crap. Also, I'm not sure whether your town has it or not, but Toyriffic carries everything since the 80s, though they use Ebay pricing (but they are private, so you can haggle). And even though others may suggest it, avoid pawn shops, unless you can trust them or know them. They don't offer refunds so if there are some N64, you pick the best looking one, and it happens to not work, what do you do - exchange for the crappy one?

Last recommendation, the only good recommendation: buy a CIB (non-mint!) N64 from an Ebay non-store member with strong 99-100% positive feedback.

Well, that 4meg expansion is a hit or miss. I've lived without it and I don't plan to get it because all of the games I love don't need it (JFG, Mario 64, OoT, Mischief Makers), saves me a whopping $30 for a new one from nintendo.com

[quote name='FOnewearl']If you do find an N64 locally don't forget to check to see if it has a 4MB Expansion :)[/QUOTE]

The only games I intend to play with it are Mario 64, Star Fox 64, and Rocket: Robot on Wheels. (I picked them up last spring at the Gamecrazy sale and still haven't gotten around to playing 'em.) So do any of those games require the expansion?

Not sure about that ROcket Robots game, never heard of it. But the rest of the staples, Like Mario and Zelda, do not need it UNLESS you are going to play Majora's Mask (eh, I never played it, never intend to). Please, get Jet Force Gemini. You can find it for under $10 cart-only on ebay on a regular day. You WILL love it, trust me.

[quote name='nintendokid']Not sure about that ROcket Robots game, never heard of it. But the rest of the staples, Like Mario and Zelda, do not need it UNLESS you are going to play Majora's Mask (eh, I never played it, never intend to). Please, get Jet Force Gemini. You can find it for under $10 cart-only on ebay on a regular day. You WILL love it, trust me.[/QUOTE]

Whoa, nintendokid, you really need to pick up Majora's Mask. It's really good. Not as good as OoT, but almost.

Some good games that need it are Donkey Kong 64, Zelda: Majora's Mask, and Perfect Dark. The Expansion Pak doubles the resolution you play games at so things are clearer. The new games like Star Wars Episode 1 Racer and pretty much anything else released around this timeframe require it.

A list of the top 50 N64 games - I suggest buying the top 25 at least. Go here to buy most of them for fairly cheap.

Just sold mine today on ebay for $51.00, I was surprised it went that high as the lot only contained the system, 1 controller, all wires and 2 games( mario 64 and starwars SOTE)

[quote name='nintendokid']Well, that 4meg expansion is a hit or miss. I've lived without it and I don't plan to get it because all of the games I love don't need it (JFG, Mario 64, OoT, Mischief Makers), saves me a whopping $30 for a new one from nintendo.com[/QUOTE]

Needed or not usually if you find an N64 with a 4 meg expansion at a place like a pawn shop they probably won't take it into consideration and charge you more for it so why not if you see a system with one seeing as much as one could cost you alone :)

I'm pretty sure that you won't need a 4 meg expansion for Rocket: Robot on Wheels but ain't 100% sure

Most of the games that require the expansion pak blow monKey balls in my opinion.

Donkey Kong 64 playes like every other Rare platform game, just not as good. Rouge Squadron was too freaking hard and Majora's Mask is annoying as hell to me with the time limit crap they impose on you. Excite Bike is the only game that uses the pak that I think is any good.

[quote name='ECW_fan']I bet a yardsale would have the best prices you could find.[/QUOTE]

i used to go to alot of yardsales over the weekends. it's REALLY hard to find an n64 system i've only found 1 out of the thousands of places i've gone to.

my EB games has alot of them for 24.99 with 1 controller which is probably your best bet. you're gonna get it cheaper on cag but the shipping price will jack it up by alot.

i actually have an extra one laying around that i got from trade here but like i said shipping will jack it up by quite a bit and i dont wanna rip you guys off.

I have one from the $15 ebgames deal and its just sitting in my closet in the ebgames box. I haven't tested or played it, so I'm not sure if it works, but you want it, you can have it for free.

I've been thinking about getting rid of it for awhile, since I have lost interest in collecting the older games. Just let me know and I can ship it out from work on Monday. I'll ship it out UPS ground, since I can use that service for free.

Also, it does not have the expansion pak.

bread's done
Back