Best price on Danger Mouse?

[quote name='chief928']I haven't seen this posted anywhere but I know the DVD for the old show Danger Mouse is coming out this week. Anyone know the best price???[/QUOTE]

I just saw this when I was looking through the listings on deepdiscountdvd.com. I really liked this show when I was younger, and I'm really looking forward to seeing it.

Uh, I guess the price at DDD was pretty good, $17.97 for the season 1 & 2 set:
http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=ANE071870

woah danger coming out is great. Love that show. The dvd set will replace my really old vhs tape that was taped off cartoon express in the mid 80s...

I actually talked to the shows original creator (Brian Cosgrove?) about doing Danger Mouse shirts, mousepads, posters, and such several years ago. Sadly, Thames Televison owned the rights at the time and he wasn't in any position to authorize DangerMouse products. He is the nicest person from the UK I ever met.

As for the DVD...

It has actually been on DVD in the UK for a while now. Quite frankly, I can't believe it took this long for it to come out in the states. Having seen some of the UK release, I have to admit that some of the episodes look awful and they can't do much since the only archives of those particular episodes are in poor shape. Some of the quirky british humor still holds up today very well though.

[quote name='chief928']Valor,
Based on the poor quality is it even worth getting???[/QUOTE]

Well, the video quality was pretty bad when it played on television, as I recall, but it was still watching then. They probably couldn't do much to improve the picture on the originals. I'll probably still get them, since I haven't even seen the VHS copies.

But it may not be worth getting if you aren't already a fan of Danger Mouse, or are very interested in picture quality.

just to let people looking to buy this b&m know, best buy has it for 19.99 and sam goody has it "on sale" for 21.99

[quote name='chief928']Valor,
Based on the poor quality is it even worth getting???[/QUOTE]

Well, some episodes look really good while others just look grainy and washed out. But for only $20, you get a much nicer set (with more episodes) than what was initially offered in the UK. If you love DM, you will have no regret about this purchase.

I picked it up last Monday at Best Buy - in stock price of $19.99 and the 10% off all dvds promotion and 10% off any 3 dvds stacked. So, it should still be $19.99 in store now.
Funny, because their online site said it wasn't in stock yet when I bought it.

[quote name='peterm']I picked it up last Monday at Best Buy - in stock price of $19.99 and the 10% off all dvds promotion and 10% off any 3 dvds stacked. So, it should still be $19.99 in store now.
Funny, because their online site said it wasn't in stock yet when I bought it.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I checked online and it did not show it availabe at my store either. Then I went in to get the new Oasis CD and they had the Danger Mouse DVD there.

bread's done
Back