Best PS2 Trade in deal?

dmpolska

CAGiversary!
I have a PS2 and like 7 games, I am wondering the best place to trade the PS2 away.

Thanks a bunch!!!!!

On occasion I believe "PS2 +3 Games = $100 credit" always seem to pop-up from time to time. Good luck.

EB Games had "Trade in PS2 and 3 games and get an extra $40 credit" deal going on right now. Interesting point though, the PS2 is $75 credit and your games get whatever their normally worth, then the register adds $7.50 to each item. I'm not a Harvard professor, but that sounds like $30 extra to me. Either way, best deal going right now.

[quote name='Pudding1978']EB Games had "Trade in PS2 and 3 games and get an extra $40 credit" deal going on right now. Interesting point though, the PS2 is $75 credit and your games get whatever their normally worth, then the register adds $7.50 to each item. I'm not a Harvard professor, but that sounds like $30 extra to me. Either way, best deal going right now.[/QUOTE]

I dont understand that though... so does that mean, since "extra $40 dollars", trade in PS2 and 3 games would get me 110 dollars worth of store credit?

[quote name='Epic Wolf']$115 :) stay in school...[/QUOTE]

But doesnt the PS2 trade in cost 70?

So 70 + 40 = 110

[quote name='dmpolska']I dont understand that though... so does that mean, since "extra $40 dollars", trade in PS2 and 3 games would get me 110 dollars worth of store credit?[/QUOTE]

No its $75 now for a PS2 trade-in. So, for example, you trade in:

PS2 System working = $75
Crappy Game #1 = $3
Crappy Game #2 = $2
Crash Bandicoot that you dropped the instructions in the toilet and now they're all decroded and pages sticking together and there's peanut butter and jelly on the bottom of the disc but EB takes it anyway = $3

Subtotal = $83
Bonus = $30

Grand total = $113

[quote name='Pudding1978']EB Games had "Trade in PS2 and 3 games and get an extra $40 credit" deal going on right now. Interesting point though, the PS2 is $75 credit and your games get whatever their normally worth, then the register adds $7.50 to each item. I'm not a Harvard professor, but that sounds like $30 extra to me. Either way, best deal going right now.[/QUOTE]

If it does that then it is only $30 extra. That's the best deal since the beginning of the year. are there exclusions for the games that you can trade in? I have my friend's old ps2 that he didn't want and his old sports titles.

$75+$30+the value of your games = $105+

Will Eb give 70 even for a ps2 that doesnt play the blue disc? I tried to trade mine into to gamestop and they would only give me 25 bucks because it cant play the blue.

[quote name='jngx80']If it does that then it is only $30 extra. That's the best deal since the beginning of the year. are there exclusions for the games that you can trade in? I have my friend's old ps2 that he didn't want and his old sports titles.

$75+$30+the value of your games = $105+[/QUOTE]
No it won't work with POX games like you're "friend's" copies of Madden 2001, NBA live 2003, and March Madness 2002. You have to trade in reasonably decent stuff to get the bonus. I recommend spending your money on games that are good in the first place so that when you go to trade them back in you don't find them on the POX list. I.E., don't be the CAG that goes into an EB and finds Okage for $5 and thinks, "Oh, well, I don't know what it is, but how can I pass it up for $5?!? I'll take it up to the register along with NFL2k3 for the Gamecube!"

bread's done
Back