Best PS3 Console Deal?

ScoJo

CAGiversary!
Okay, so the DVD player in our living room kicked the bucket, and I was in the market for a blue ray player. I'm having a feeling that I won't be able to resist buying a PS3 this time around. Who has the best console deal out there right now?

I think the Gamestop 250 GB Infamous/LittleBigPlanet bundle is the best for $349, but it's kind of hard to find now.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=77956

I think Wal-Mart has it with LittleBigPlanet GOTY and Uncharted. Best Buy has it with Uncharted 2.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+...eves/1007046.p?id=1218207657562&skuId=1007046

Amazon has one with an HDMI Cable and Little Big Planet GOTY
http://www.amazon.com/Bundle-Little..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1277651236&sr=1-2

If you can wait for a little longer till the holiday season, I'll bet there will be lots of deals. November - December.

Target has it with MLB 10 The Show as well, 349.99, 250GB. That's the one my brother wants since all he plays is sports games.

[quote name='mrosnwo']Target has it with MLB 10 The Show as well, 349.99, 250GB. That's the one my brother wants since all he plays is sports games.[/QUOTE]
Considering the most MLB 10 the show is sold for is $60, at Dell it would be the console and game for $340.

I can see if you're paying cash and just want to go to a store, but Dell is clearly the better deal.

[quote name='SMITTYBLAZE']Considering the most MLB 10 the show is sold for is $60, at Dell it would be the console and game for $340.

I can see if you're paying cash and just want to go to a store, but Dell is clearly the better deal.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but that's a 120gb, not a 250gb, and not everyone wants to replace the hdd in it. :p

[quote name='SMITTYBLAZE']Dell has it for $280. Shipping is probably free. Use a rebate program such as Bing for a rebate.[/QUOTE]

I just checked the Dell site as I'm in the market for a triple. $299.99 unless I'm missing something.

Anyone know of anything better? I'm looking for the Slim model (120Gb) - no bundles.

ps. not familiar with Bing rebates, how do they work?

If you have them, check Aaron's rental stores. I picked up a used 40gb ps3 for $100 about six months ago.

Gamestop has the Father's Day bundle for $349.99, which includes LBP and Infamous. Use coupon code GS29 for 15% off bringing the total down to $297 + tax[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[quote name='azngtlman']Gamestop has the Father's Day bundle for $349.99, which includes LBP and Infamous. Use coupon code GS29 for 15% off bringing the total down to $297 + tax[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure GS29 is only good on games -- I tried it on a PS3 bundle not too long ago, and it didn't work.

Buy any busted PS3 on on ebay. Then contact Sony and they will send you a slim with 250G hardrive for $118 plus $30 shipping. It will be a refurbished system, but a great deal.

Pauler you may want to mention that the ps3 system shouldn't be opened. Since a lot of people open them when they have no idea what there messing with.

Hey not sure if the OP bought a ps3 yet, but I just picked up a 250gb slim that included uncharted 2 for 349 bucks at best buy

[quote name='trq']I'm pretty sure GS29 is only good on games -- I tried it on a PS3 bundle not too long ago, and it didn't work.[/QUOTE]

I had it in my cart with the discount applied, but I didn't check out yet as I'm still on the fence.

[quote name='xilly']Yeah, but that's a 120gb, not a 250gb, and not everyone wants to replace the hdd in it. :p[/QUOTE]

Not everybody needs a larger hard drive in it either. The OS doesn't take up that much room, so the hard drive is still pretty spacious with 120GB instead of the larger 250GB. I know I'm more than pleased with my HDD space and I've got the smaller of the two. Theres no reason for a huge hard drive unless you plan on using it as your one-stop shop for all things entertainment, and even then you'll probably need to put a larger hard drive in it anyway.

I'd only get the 250GB if you can get a great deal on it, OP. If you ever need to upgrade the HDD, you can do it without voiding the warranty and there are always really good deals on HDD's for it.

[quote name='azngtlman']I had it in my cart with the discount applied, but I didn't check out yet as I'm still on the fence.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? I'm gonna have an aneurysm if you get it to work. ;) The code won't take for me; it says "Coupon GS29 - 15% off and Free ground shipping orders totaling $29.99 or more. Excludes consoles, bundles and special editions. May not be combined with other offers. Expires 6/30/10 11:59PM"

bread's done
Back