Best rechargeable batteries?

megaseadramon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (67%)
I need to buy some rechargeable batteries for my various handhelds and was wondering which brand holds the best charge and preferably the cheapest.

I don't see a lot of difference between the brands. They all seem to last about the same. The thing to check for is the mAh rating. The higher the better. So far I"ve used the cheapies from walmart, targus, and energizer and I can not tell any difference between them.

Some people complain that the number of recharges vary from brand to brand. The official statement is usually that NiMH (nickel metal hydride) rechargables can be recharged about 1,000 times.

dunno about the cheapest, but i have some energizer rechargeable batteries. got them like a year ago maybe, and theyre still goin strong.

I use Maha Powerex batteries with a MH-C204W charger. They usually have the highest mAh available, I believe the current maximum for them is 2700 mAh for the AA's. Got mine last year and the highest they had back then were the 2300 mAh's. Great batteries and an exceptional charger.

I buy all my rechargeables from www.batteryspace.com, I like their price and service. I am not affliated with them in any way, I just bought 12 AAs and 12 AAAs and the ones I bought 2 years ago still work like a charm, I just need more for all my stupid remotes that eat batteries for breakfast...

I just bought NiMh rechargeable batteries from Big Lots for $8.99(comes with 4 AA batteries and a recharger) as well as 4 extra AA batteries that cost $4.99. So far they seem like they're a good deal. I haven't tried them yet though.

[quote name='sonic911']I just bought NiMh rechargeable batteries from Big Lots for $8.99(comes with 4 AA batteries and a recharger) as well as 4 extra AA batteries that cost $4.99. So far they seem like they're a good deal. I haven't tried them yet though.[/QUOTE]

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00007KFSZ/002-8752399-3550430?redirect=true

there's a link for what they look like. Those are just the batteries that i got for $4.99 They advertise it like it's for digital cameras, but it works for my 360 controllers....

[quote name='menikmati']I use Maha Powerex batteries with a MH-C204W charger. They usually have the highest mAh available, I believe the current maximum for them is 2700 mAh for the AA's. Got mine last year and the highest they had back then were the 2300 mAh's. Great batteries and an exceptional charger.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Maha's PowerEx batteries tend to get very high reviews, and so do their chargers. I have some 2,500 mAh AA's, and some 900 mAh AAA's that seem to last forever. And you must get a quality charger to go with your quality batteries if you want to get the longest charges and longest battery life.

I got mine at http://www.thomas-distributing.com/index.htm

[quote name='paean']I buy all my rechargeables from www.batteryspace.com, I like their price and service. I am not affliated with them in any way, I just bought 12 AAs and 12 AAAs and the ones I bought 2 years ago still work like a charm, I just need more for all my stupid remotes that eat batteries for breakfast...[/QUOTE]

Everyone needs to listen to this man.

I just got some 2600 mah from www.all-battery.com
I havent had a chance to really use them yet but there is a big thread on fatwallet and they say that they are great batteries and that they hold their charge and all that shit.

Maha is by far and away the best you'll find, anywhere, but definitely not the cheapest. Maha's been the best for years, just ask Google and you'll find thousands in agreement.

Best value is subjective, but I use Energizer with less demanding devices (alarm clocks, remotes, etc)... Maha all the way for handhelds and cameras.

bread's done
Back