Best resource or guidebook for rarity and pricing?

lurknomore

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
As a collector, I was wondering what you all used for your collections as a resource. Something that would be descriptive of the print run, rarity, and relative value of games. I'm interested to hear what publications, websites, etc there are that people use. Thanks.

[quote name='62t']you can look at completed price to see the value[/QUOTE]

That's hardly an indicator. eBay is one of the worst to determine value. Their prices are all over the place. A copy of say, Mega Man X3 for the SNES, can fluctuate wildly between copies. It's fairly common too, so if you put in the time, you could find it far below eBay prices.

[quote name='zer0-cool']How do you find the rarity using the completed auctions function in ebay?[/quote]

you look to see how many have been listed for auction. If theres only been 2 copies in the last 6 months, chances are the games not exactly common. Its not ideal, but its better than nothing.

I think ebay is the BEST indicator of a games value. Its actual prices that actual people pay for actual copies of the game.

What else would you use to determine value? Digitpress? Theyre values are soo out of whack its not even funny.

I think 1up, or IGN have a thing where you can enter in your entire collection and it gives it a total value... good luck with getting anywhere near that high an amount for your games.

A game is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it, ans thats what ebay will show you.

[quote name='Puffa469']you look to see how many have been listed for auction. If theres only been 2 copies in the last 6 months, chances are the games not exactly common. Its not ideal, but its better than nothing.

I think ebay is the BEST indicator of a games value. Its actual prices that actual people pay for actual copies of the game.

What else would you use to determine value? Digitpress? Theyre values are soo out of whack its not even funny.

I think 1up, or IGN have a thing where you can enter in your entire collection and it gives it a total value... good luck with getting anywhere near that high an amount for your games.

A game is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it, ans thats what ebay will show you.[/QUOTE]

But it wont show the actual print (rarity) of items like Digitpress will. It will show the market value pretty well and the demand. The problem is it will fluctuate wildly on supply.

Current market Value = Ebay

Rarity = Digitpress

bread's done
Back