Best site/price to get a domain?

SolidMetal

CAGiversary!
Well My friend and I are starting our own website but we need our own domain. We already have someone willing to host it for free we just need a domain. Do you guys know any good sites that are best to buy a domain from? I'm wanting to spend 2-8$ on one.

I'll second godaddy they're the easiest to deal with, I also use their hosting service also. I currently work on 3 sites. If you go for the hosting also there's some really good coupons if you spend over $75-$100 which if you go with a 2 year or more plan you'll be hitting that price easily.

I'll third for GoDaddy. I build websites for clients freelance, and for the past two years they've all been thru GoDaddy (domain names & hosting). Never had an issue.

Before that used a cheaper host, and got burned. They upgraded their servers w/o informing their customers, but couldn't get everything put back together! A client's website was down for nearly two weeks. I was also out-of-town at the time, so made dealing with their non-English speaking tech support even better.

Go with GoDaddy, unless you like headaches.

bread's done
Back