Best store to sell games to?

Riff38

CAG Veteran
Hey guys, i am looking to sell 8 xbox 360 games, and i am looking for cash, not store credit. So whats the best store to sell them too thanks!
The games are:
1. Ninja Gaiden 2
2. Civilization Revolution
3.The orange box
4. Crackdown
5. Call of duty 4
6. Oblivion
7. Nascar 08
8. MLB 2k8
Also can anyone give me an estimate about how much those would bring in? They are all in great condition.

I would say none. Craigslist/Ebay is your best bet because you cut out the middle man and can undersell used games stores.

I would have to agree with Tylerxdurden. If you plan on buying more games in the future possibly gamestop with 30%-40% coupon. Other than that selling on ebay or craigslist is the best bet.

Since most of the games are older and very much discounted at most gamestop and major retailers I wouldn't expect much more than $5-10 for an of the games with exception of COD 4

Yeah, I would go the eBay/Amazon/CL route instead if you want cash.

If you really want a store, you could try Half Price Books if you have one in your area. They usually give me more cash compared to GS's cash (non-trade-in) values, unless HPB has a lot of copies of a particular game in their store inventory.

There's a Gamestop trade thread with trade values listed right in it. Why is it that so many can't use the search function or go to the Video Game Deals page of CAG and find the thread before posting a new thread asking for TIV's?

Is it REALLY that fuckin' hard to search on here to find an answer for yourself?

Here's a link to the Gamestop trade thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243233

The values are in the second post or so, I believe.

They currently have a trade promo going where you can get a $50 bonus(when you trade 7) on top of the TIV's for games, but the games have to be worth OVER $5($5.01 and up)this time around to get the bonus.

[quote name='blissskr']You'd be really lucky to get $10 bucks total for those games if you sold them to any store.[/QUOTE]

Sadly this.

[quote name='TYLERxDURDEN']I would say none. Craigslist/Ebay is your best bet because you cut out the middle man and can undersell used games stores.[/QUOTE]

Ebay takes like 15% on videogames, and more if you use Buy It Now.

You're not cutting out any middle man, really.

Cheap Ass Gamer. I don't understand why people fail to make use of the trade forum, when you don't have to worry about fees or middlemen and can usually get the most out of your games.

[quote name='Vulgarism']Cheap Ass Gamer. I don't understand why people fail to make use of the trade forum, when you don't have to worry about fees or middlemen and can usually get the most out of your games.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, people just don't seem to understand another main function this site serves.

Uhhh Durrrr, where can I find a place to get money for my games without paying fees and without getting rammed from behind by Gamestop...isn't there any options...come on, can't anyone help me find a place to get a fair price for my used games?

:applause:

Most game store will give you store credit which is pennies on the dollars. Your best bet is ebay as mentioned by other members above.

[quote name='mission42']Exactly, people just don't seem to understand another main function this site serves.

Uhhh Durrrr, where can I find a place to get money for my games without paying fees and without getting rammed from behind by Gamestop...isn't there any options...come on, can't anyone help me find a place to get a fair price for my used games?

:applause:[/QUOTE]

The only problem is, you have folks who don't know what their shit is worth who want others to do the research into fair prices(or best place to trade games in at) to charge for them, so they can reap all the rewards.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The only problem is, you have folks who don't know what their shit is worth who want others to do the research into fair prices(or best place to trade games in at) to charge for them, so they can reap all the rewards.[/QUOTE]

http://www.videogamepricecharts.com/

There. Not hard.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']But people want you to tell them, not point them towards a site where they have to do their OWN legwork.[/QUOTE]

Then they will have to either settle with Gamestop or do a bit of looking around. I personally would never sell games or anything (or buy them) without a bit of research. That's why this is "Cheap Ass Gamer"

[quote name='Vulgarism']Cheap Ass Gamer. I don't understand why people fail to make use of the trade forum, when you don't have to worry about fees or middlemen and can usually get the most out of your games.[/QUOTE]

I'd not use any trade forum, even here, because one, you have to wait for someone else to actually want the games you have to trade, which might be never. And second I really wouldn't put that much trust in someone to hold up their end of the deal and actually send the stuff.

Not that I really ever trade in my games anyway to gamestop. I own too few to part with any, and have no money to really buy new stuff, so my collection remains tiny. But if I were to trade in any games, it's be to gamestop, just using their trade in specials like mentioned above. Besides, there's no other local places I know of that do game trade-ins.

OP did say he wants cash for them, but tough luck selling them, maybe as whole package will net you ~$20 on ebay/cl

It really depends, eBay can be your best option most of the time, but then you've got to deal with the idiots who buy your item and then decide that they don't want to pay for it, wait a week for that to be resolved, relist and hope someone else buys it...

Then there are actually cases where you'll actually get more for your stuff on Amazon than any other retailer and they pay your shipping, etc. I sold a GBA (the original gray model) for $38 and last year's Madden for 360 for $5-- did pretty well compared to the eBay sales. They do give you store credit but what can't you find on Amazon?

Trade them here or on ebay/CL. Sure ebay takes a lot out of what it sells for but thats infinitely better than what $$$$erstop will pay you.

bread's done
Back