Best Tax Software?

NegativeZero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
59 (100%)
Considering doing my taxes this year but was wondering what the best software is, I'm no idiot so I think I can guide my self through ok. but I'm just wondering which one is better priced and simple to use.

Unless you have many things that need to be itemized, I would just go to Tubotax.com and do it for free. Thats what I did and it was easy.

i've always used hnrblock.com i just liked it more than turbo tax though now they could be very similiar i haven't used turbo tax in years.

I just filed my taxes last night with H&R Block (online). Federal is free, but state (depends if you file state taxes in your state) is $29.99 for me (CA) for straight forward taxes (no property ownership or stocks stuff). I joint-filed with 2 different states (one CA and TX) as residency. Thank goodness TX doesn't have state income tax. I'm pretty happy with it.

I used TurboTax last year with no problems.. Wish I could use it this year again.. but I have to file for 4 different states =( first year I'm going to have to pay someone to do my taxes.

Give Taxact.com a try. It only costs me about $16 to e-file both Federal and State taxes for me. I've used it several years.

bread's done
Back