Best time to renew EB edge card?

vaindioux

CAGiversary!
Hi

Last Christmas I got enrolled with the edge card for $5, they were running a special, I think regular is $15. I am about to expire. Do they run specials every so often and if yes how do I find out?

Thanks a lot

Patrick

I don't think GameStop has ever run a special on the card, and I know nothing has been run since the merger. If you don't need it right this second, wait until you hear about a trade-in deal or used game discount coupon in the magazines.. When I first got the card, I got it to use the B2G1F coupon in it to buy 3 $40 used games.. so I technically saved $25 on that third game by paying $15 for the card.. if the math makes sense.

ever since GS and EB merged together it's $15 for the discount card plus magazine subcriptions. I don't think they give you the option of buying just the discount card for $5 now if thats what you mean.

I've said it in another thread, but I'll say it again.

I feel the best time is when you want to pre-order a game, and do some trade ins. Preferably trading something with a decent value, and even better if it's during the trade 3 get an extra $10 event.

Example: I traded Yakuza and 2 unimportant useless games in. Yakuza got me around 30, maybe 4 bucks total for the 2 others. So there's 44 already. I wanted to pre-order ffxii, so theres 30% of 44, plus the 10% for signing up. Comes out to making like 18 dollars, which paid for the subscription/card.

If you don't use it often, hold out for something like this.

Now is actually a good time, the next time you get some stuff from there, there is another extra coupon that saves an extra 10% off. It's in the Parents Guide to Gaming (something like that). The 20% off reduces the amount you need to purchase from $150 to $75 to get the Edge card for free.

bread's done
Back