Best Tony Hawk on PS3

strummerbs

CAGiversary!
A store near me has Tony Hawk Project 8 for $15 and Proving Ground for $20 (both new). For those who have played both, which one is better? Also, are either of them worth those prices?

Also, because I know someone would otherwise post this response, I know about Skate., and I'm not interested in it at this time.

That's kind of like asking do I spend 30 dollars on the great game or 15 on the piece of warm dog poo games. Just go with Skate, You will not regret it .

As I said, I know about Skate.. I couldn't get into the demo, and thus am not especially interested in it at this time. I might give it a shot when it drops in price.

[quote name='strummerbs']Also, because I know someone would otherwise post this response, I know about Skate., and I'm not interested in it at this time.[/QUOTE]:lol:

That was the first thing that popped into my head when I read the title.

[quote name='Mojimbo']:lol:

That was the first thing that popped into my head when I read the title.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I should give it a better chance. I just saw the two Tony Hawk games on sale today and remembered really enjoying the first three games (have not played any of the ones since then). I'm kind of in the mood for a dumb action sports game right now. Perhaps I should look elsewhere for that fix, if both the games are crap.

www.gamerankings.com is your friend. My understanding is that the games don't do much wrong w/ regard to the TH formula, but that's kind of the problem. It's the same game with prettier graphics that we've been playing for 10+ years. That's part of the reason the series is laughed about now - not necessarily because it's bad, but more because it's stale. They aren't as bad as Madden's annual releases, and new levels help breathe life into old games, but then a game like Skate comes along and shows you that Neversoft doesn't own skateboarding in videogames.

Project eight is bad, and Proving ground is HORRIBLE. From a fan of the Tony Hawk series from the start, I was VERY disappointed. Save your money.

Project 8 was the best since 3/4. Proving grounds was just bad.

Although Skate is better than both in my opinion, I still had a blast with P8.

I enjoyed Project 8 a lot actually. It's probably my favorite since TH3. I love the slow motion kickflip tricks that you can pull. The graphics are great and it's just a fun "arcadey" skating game.

project 8 is better than proving grounds but they both are pretty bad. reconsider Skate since it's actually doing something right about skateboarding rather than THPS making it "cool"

Do you have a Kmart that has a copy of Project 8 in stock, strummerbs, and they haven't done an update for September yet, you could possibly get it for $5.

If you ask me, $5 is a worthy price for any game, even the most craptastic ones on Earth.

So I actually completely went against what I said above. Went to Target yesterday, and they had Skate on clearance. Picked it up, and will give it a try. Sounds like I would have just been disappointed in either of the Tony Hawks.

I would choose Project 8. I actually really liked it, most fun I've had with a TH game since 3.
I hated Proving Ground and didn't dig the Skate demo either.

I like fantastical skateboarding, and not something nearing a sim.

bread's done
Back