Best Used Game Retailer 2010

Gamestop, but in-store only. I bought one game from them online and it was missing the case and manual and the disc was scratched to high hell. I built up catalogs of old systems buying games for $1-$10 from Gamestop.

Amazon Warehouse, no contest.

When's the last time you bought a used game from Blockbuster, GameFly, GameStop or GoHastings and was handed a new copy? `Nuff said.

Gamestop.

Some of the complaints against them make no sense. You don't have to buy the game if it's in bad condition since you can look at it before you purchase it and you can return it within a week.

Honestly the convenience factor wins for me, and the prices on older games are on par or better than Warehouse. And have never had issues with GS unlike Gamefly.

Blockbuster.

Getting God of War III, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, Singularity, and Kane & Lynch 2 all complete for $7.50 each was enjoyable.

I will miss B1G1 at Blockbuster if/when they go under.

Going with Gamefly. So many games purchased through them this year. Had terrible experiences with GoHastings, Amazon warehouse is a close second though.

Damn missed another deal!

Amazon Warehouse cause it's exciting, you never know what price for what game or console will come up but, you find yourself spamming F5 and using page update programs round the clock.

Have to go with Blockbuster for having 3 B1G1 $14.99 and under sales last year coupled with some better-than-average price drops (like GoW III several months back during a B1G1 for $14.99 and thus $7.50). Also, 2010 may have been the last year we see such sales/deals (and maybe Blockbuster itself). So kind of as a tribute, they get my vote. Otherwise it would be Gamefly for their rare but awesome sales (and mostly mint games) or Gamestop for selection and convenience.

Sigh, I'm voting amazon but I really wish Glyde was in the running. I guess they're not technically a retailer but I almost always find a better deal there.

Had to go with GameStop here. I got so many ridiculous deals from them this year, ranging from B1G1, free $10 UFC coupons, and glitchy stacking promos. Blockbuster would probably be my runner up, thanks to the B1G1's.

Not the popular choice but Gamestop wins this one. They have many stores and the ability to find games at each of the stores online. Prices are ok, not sure about the trade in value.

bread's done
Back