Best way to dump unwanted books and DVDs?

PawnTakesKing

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I've got some books I don't read anymore and around 15 or so DVDs I have no need for. I'd like to make a profit on these items, but I think the best they'd probably fetch on eBay is less than a dollar each. For example, one of the movies I'm trying to rid myself of is "Cast Away," and the only bids I see so far are for a penny each. So I'm wondering if eBay is really worth it.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can sell this stuff for a decent profit? I'm not expecting much at all, but I'd like to get at least $2-$3 each on the books and DVDs. Are there any places I can trade this stuff in at? (No FYE's near me.)

Yeah, donate to your local library. My library has a container bin in front where you can donate books/dvd.

Have any of you sold college text books online? I have 10+ textbooks that i was unable to sell back at school, are there any websites that yall can confirm are legit? If so which is the best as far as payout etc

My wife's been selling our old books (textbooks, mostly) on Half.com and has been doing pretty well at it. She just prices the books a dollar or two lower than the other prices.

[quote name='Wet Ninja']My wife's been selling our old books (textbooks, mostly) on Half.com and has been doing pretty well at it. She just prices the books a dollar or two lower than the other prices.[/QUOTE]

half.com or amazon are good for selling textbooks. It might take a bit for them to sell though, it can vary.

[quote name='Chase']Perhaps donate your unwanted books to a public library? Maybe a school library?[/quote]

This. I just dumped about 40 DVD/CDs and 20 books on mine last month. They might offer a receipt for a tax write-off, too.

bread's done
Back