Best way to get rid of a dreamcast?

Meremare

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
The only games I have for the system (NTSC) are Shenmue 1 and 2. Both are PAL versions. Willing to trade for any of the following games (all PS1):

Suikoden 1
Suikoden 2
Tactics Ogre Let Us Cling Together
Wild Arms 1
Wild Arms 2

Last edited by a moderator:
Sell it to a gamer with direct current sockets who wants to hear lines repeated over and over again?

Is your Dreamcast PAL or NTSC?

Fire! And lots of it!

[quote name='manthing']Fire! And lots of it![/QUOTE]
This. Or a hammer.

Or eBay. If you really want to get rid of it, list it cheap and someone will pick it up.

Why would you want to get rid of it. You don't have Marvel or 3rd strike?

And before someone says MVC2 on 360/PS3, that is not the same.

[quote name='Stoic Person Eater']This. Or a hammer.[/QUOTE]

Hey now. The Dreamcast was actually really good. Nice controllers, virtual memory units stored within the controllers, ability to play pirated games and enhance PSX games through Bleemcast, and online multiplayer (still the first despite being horrible). It just never had any good localized games because American developers said, "What is this quirky Japanese bullshit?! Let's stick with Crash Bandicoot and Army Men."

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Give it to Sega, they're excellent at killing Dreamcast[/QUOTE]

My vote for the best quote of the century.

[quote name='Blade']Sell it to a gamer with direct current sockets who wants to hear lines repeated over and over again?

Is your Dreamcast PAL or NTSC?[/QUOTE]

It's NTSC. And I'm selling it cause I have a crappy old tv on which to play the games. Unlike my gamecube and ps2 which has portable lcd monitors hooked directly on them.

I'll take it. I want a Dreamcast. True, there's only one game I actually want on it (Berserk: Guts' Rage), but I still want it.

Best way to get rid of a Dreamcast: Offer to give it away for free to somebody on CAG, just have them pay shipping. Ditto with games. BTW, I do not want.

^^That would be a good idea too. Hell I would be willing to pay for shipping to get it. Been looking to get my dreamcast and genesis back lol

[quote name='sykotek']Best way to get rid of a Dreamcast: Offer to give it away for free to somebody on CAG, just have them pay shipping. Ditto with games. BTW, I do not want.[/QUOTE]

This. I already have a Dreamcast, but it doesn't take a long search to find someone around here who wants whatever you've got and will gladly take it for a shipping fee. heck, you've already got some takers right here in this thread- pick one and PM 'em.

There's so many great games for it:

Power Stone
Giga Wing
Soul Calibur
Propeller Arena
and let's not forget the game with the worst title of all time:

Seaman!!!

Keep it, bro!:drool:

[quote name='heavynova']There's so many great games for it:

Power Stone
Giga Wing
Soul Calibur
Propeller Arena
and let's not forget the game with the worst title of all time:

Seaman!!!

Keep it, bro!:drool:[/QUOTE]

don't forget typing of the dead

Why on earth anyone would want to get rid of a Dreamcast is beyond me! I have 2 hooked up to my TV! Love those little buggers!

Lightning. Actually, I don't recommend that, that's just how I lost my first Dreamcast :(

Give it to a friend who doesn't have a game console. That's what I did with the replacement Dreamcast I bought. I also did that with my old NES and SNES way back when. Gave my GBC to a friend along with wario land because that was her favorite game. Oh, and gave my DS away when I bought a DS Lite. Friends > money

[quote name='ujnhunter']why on earth anyone would want to get rid of a dreamcast is beyond me! I have 2 hooked up to my tv! Love those little buggers![/quote]
+1.

I don't have friends who play videogames. And there's plenty of rpgs in the PS1/PS2/DS/GBA lineup of games (my favourite genre) that I could spend my free time on.

[quote name='chrislisting']the dreamcast was THE best of the 128 consoles, way ahead of its time. too bad it got released too early[/QUOTE]

it made no diference when it was released, after sega screwed their fanbase over with the sega cd, 32x and saturn, nothing was going to save it.

Or you could just buy a $5-10 VGA adapter and hook the DC up to any LCD monitor or HDTV that has a VGA plug.

I think if anything, the DC was the first console to upscale itself to VGA resolutions over standard TV.

[quote name='Gavica']it made no diference when it was released, after sega screwed their fanbase over with the sega cd, 32x and saturn, nothing was going to save it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah !

bread's done
Back