Best way to get rid of a ps3 with a blinking red light?

Mr. 420

Banned
I am trying to figure out what to do with my ps3 that has a blinking red light and no picture. I have the 80 gig fat that was bundled with metal gear solid 4 which came in a white box. It is probably a minor issue that could be fixed easily but I just don't know how to get rid of this thing and come out with some decent green.

[quote name='Mako1215']See if it's in warrenty and have Sony repair it?[/QUOTE]If it is the MGS4 edition then it is no longer under warranty. Mine was manufactured June 2008 and still runs great. If you haven't touched it, I'm sure someone would give you a good amount for that one as it was constructed much better, internally, than the previous models. Better passive cooling but the paste still needs to be replaced and I believe it contains the disc drive with dual lasers which, in theory, should last longer.

Try selling it locally through Craigslist?

craigslist

i had a 60gb that had the YLOD on there , i got a ton of lowball offers but i finally sold it for a reasonable price.

Just looked at the nashville craigslist today and there are about 3 ads offering 100 for broken ps3s

[quote name='BigHerm']craigslist

i had a 60gb that had the YLOD on there , i got a ton of lowball offers but i finally sold it for a reasonable price.

Just looked at the nashville craigslist today and there are about 3 ads offering 100 for broken ps3s[/QUOTE]

yeah best choice, if you aren't planning on repairing, craigslist can get you a decent return.

bread's done
Back