Best way to sell off old school collection?

Synergy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
I am moving back to LA in a few months, and I'd like to finally clear out everything I've been storing, including my old school game collection. At the moment, I don't have much time or the space to keep them, so I've decided to sell everything.

I've never sold my things before, so I'm curious as to the best way to sell these types of items. I'd like to make as much from it as possible, but I might be willing to lose some money not to have to deal with the ebay/paypal asshattery. If that's the best avenue, I'll deal.

I have:
- a couple hundred NES games, mostly loose, but probably about 15-20 CIB games
- NES accessories - power pad, ROB, dog bones
- 30 or so gameboy games, with 12 CIB, and a couple of sealed games
- 60 or so Genesis games, 3 systems
- not many SNES, maybe a dozen or so

I know it's not the world's largest collection, but the NES collection in particular would be a pain to sell individually. So should I put them up in lots on crapbay? Maybe craigslist? Any advice or input is appreciated. Thanks.

Lowball on here if you wanna unload them quickly. I might be interested on the CIB Gameboy games depending what you have.

List your stuff here and most of it will probably be gone pretty quick, although you'll probably only get maybe 60-70% of the items eBay or Amazon.com value if you sell it direct, this is CHEAP ass gamer after all.

If you want to go the eBay or Amazon.com route, it's best to ask or investigate as to what your stuff might be worth. Anything with a value of less than $5 should probably be bundled in a lot with other worthless items, anything worth more should probably be sold individually.

If you just want to get rid of everything at once and not make multiple trips to the post office, but not necessarily make as much money as you would selling it individually, you shouldn't have trouble finding someone to take it all off your hands at a reasonable price. Without knowing what specific games you have, unless what you have is more than 40% sports titles, I would say $500 - $700 would be reasonable for everything.

Let me know if you want to sell individually at reasonable prices, I'm always interested in NES items.

Thanks for the advice, guys. I may post some of it here, because the nerd in me would like to see some of the better stuff (sealed, CIB) go to CAGs.

I'm liquidating my friend's collection and I'm

Ebaying anything over $25
Selling on the boards anything $10-24
and ebay lotting anything < $10

I'm always interested in Sega Genesis games (although there are few left that I am looking for). I would definitely be interested in a lowball if you decide to go that route.

I'd also be interested in the CIB/New GB games. I needs me some Pokemon and a few other games I had as a kid.

[quote name='Vinny']I'd also be interested in the CIB/New GB games. I needs me some Pokemon and a few other games I had as a kid.[/QUOTE]

You might be in luck when I'm ready to post, 2 of the CIB gameboy games are Pokemon. Blue and Yellow. I will let you know. I'm not quite at the point of going through everything yet.

And thanks to everyone for their advice and help. Much appreciated.

[quote name='Synergy']You might be in luck when I'm ready to post, 2 of the CIB gameboy games are Pokemon. Blue and Yellow. I will let you know. I'm not quite at the point of going through everything yet.

And thanks to everyone for their advice and help. Much appreciated.[/QUOTE]

I call first dibs on those two! I already have Red and need Blue and Yellow.:D

I think you are doing right by starting with forums first so long as you can get secure payment and identify who you are dealing with. eBay is great if you want to move it quickly but you will likely not get top dollar unless you break down the collection into individual auctions and thats a hastle and can cost you a ton in fees which is why its best to start here.

bread's done
Back