Best way to ship games?

Persona7

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Well, I have always used priority mail via USPS to send out games. I have noticed that a lot of people use first class as well to send me games. I do not see a big difference in the price....The price is usually within cents or a dollar at most. They also always seem to take the same amount of time also in my cases. usually 2-4 days at the most with both methods...

What is the best way to ship games in a bubble mailer?

I use first class in a bubble mailer with delivery confirmation on all dvd or ds games, I ship boxed for any gba or older game boxed game in which a box may be damaged in a bubble mailer. On a regular game my total cost is $3 usually (.30 for bubble mailer, .75 for delivery confirmation, and $2.00 shipping but that varies on exact weight of the game).

I've mailed out over 800 games using First Class, with Delivery Confirmation, all in a bubble mailer.

If you buy your postage online (through paypal), you can save on the delivery confirmation fee. It's only $0.18 that way.

[quote name='mtxbass1']I've mailed out over 800 games using First Class, with Delivery Confirmation, all in a bubble mailer.

If you buy your postage online (through paypal), you can save on the delivery confirmation fee. It's only $0.18 that way.[/quote]Yeah, I usually always do that. The DC at the post office is freaking 75 cents. :(

Also, does anyone else have any problems with gamecube games slipping out of the case during shipping? It has happened to me several times. It happened once in a bubble mailer from Gamestop.com,Amazon and a few times on ebay. Even if the game is sealed the freaking disk always manages to pop out...I have been lucky as I have not had a scratched one yet.

[quote name='georox']I pass it to the nearest homeless person, give then an address and hope it works out well.[/quote]

Yeah, I usually always do that.

[quote name='georox']I pass it to the nearest homeless person, give then an address and hope it works out well.[/quote]
No negatives yet, homeless must be trustworthy! I need to start doing that save some dough.

LMAO post of the day....

and yes, FClass with DC via PP link in a bubble mailer...

[quote name='mtxbass1']I've mailed out over 800 games using First Class, with Delivery Confirmation, all in a bubble mailer.

If you buy your postage online (through paypal), you can save on the delivery confirmation fee. It's only $0.18 that way.[/QUOTE]

Yeah... I'm glad I decided to start doing my postage through PayPal. It was a pain having to go to the post office and wait in line and whatnot. This is cheaper and easier.

Since the closest post office to me is like 2 miles away and my car gets easily 30-40 miles to a gallon of gas, it's just easier to take it to the post office. Plus, it would help if I stopped being a total cheapass and actually sprung for a printer, since then I might even try the Paypal postage route.

But, how do you typically weigh the items? Do you all have scales or what?

As for me, I send via first class with regular old SEVENTY FIVE CENTS Delivery Confirmation. I only go to the regular post office since 1)I don't trust my mail carrier to be gentle with the packages and 2) I just don't trust them PERIOD. The main reason I don't trust them is because they've just LEFT stuff on my front porch, with not a single bit of effort made to ring the fuckin doorbell when it was clear that SOMEONE WAS HOME.

I always ship via bubble mailer with regular old full price Delivery Confirmation from the post office. I just figure since the mall where the PO is is only about a mile or two from my house, why not just go there. Plus, I refuse to give my financial info out just to get a Paypal account.

Plus, I think our mail carrier is a total fucktard. Then again, they keep switching carriers on us, so that may be part of the reason why our service is so screwed up. One day we would get our mail at like 2pm, the next day the carrier doesn't show up till almost SIX P.M.!?!?!?

And don't even get me started about how they just dumped off the bigger packages I've received without so much as even a courtesy knock on the door or ring of the doorbell. I was just lucky I was home when most of them arrived.

When shipping disc games, take a small piece of tape and put it over the center hole of the disc and the. This prevents the disc from falling off and getting scratched.

[quote name='Persona7']Yeah, I usually always do that. The DC at the post office is freaking 75 cents. :(

Also, does anyone else have any problems with gamecube games slipping out of the case during shipping? It has happened to me several times. It happened once in a bubble mailer from Gamestop.com,Amazon and a few times on ebay. Even if the game is sealed the freaking disk always manages to pop out...I have been lucky as I have not had a scratched one yet.[/QUOTE]

The spindle is weak or something. I remember at TRU a while ago they had some clearance games and I wanted NBA Street V3. There were 10 copies or so in the bin. I think out of the 10, 7 or 8 of them had loose discs in the case but I found one still attached to the spindle.

[quote name='DoubleEcksZero']No negatives yet, homeless must be trustworthy! I need to start doing that save some dough.[/quote]

If there's anything that you can count on in this world it's a homeless person to deliver your parcels. ;)

I've been shipping the games I've been selling on ebay by priority mail. I got a bunch of boxes from them for free so I just use those.

[quote name='bmachine']If there's anything that you can count on in this world it's a homeless person to deliver your parcels. ;)[/quote]
Well I'm in New York, me and georox might have different types of homeless. I have mean smelly shank a fella homeless.

the speed really isnt that different between 1st class and priority. I do like using the free priority box.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']The spindle is weak or something. I remember at TRU a while ago they had some clearance games and I wanted NBA Street V3. There were 10 copies or so in the bin. I think out of the 10, 7 or 8 of them had loose discs in the case but I found one still attached to the spindle.[/quote]Yeah, I always shake every single game I buy before taking the shrink wrap off.

[quote name='DoubleEcksZero']Well I'm in New York, me and georox might have different types of homeless. I have mean smelly shank a fella homeless.[/quote]

Those ones are better, more loss/theft protection.

[quote name='crzyboy88']Hmm... Is it still possible to get a shipping label through Paypal even if it's only a trade?[/quote]

Yeah...there's no buyer info to import so you've got to enter the other guy's info manually, but you can use Paypal to ship anything (even if you didn't accept Paypal payment for it).

What is the best way (box, letter, etc?) to ship GBA games so that the box does not get damaged, yet you don't pay a ton to ship it?

[quote name='J7.']What is the best way (box, letter, etc?) to ship GBA games so that the box does not get damaged, yet you don't pay a ton to ship it?[/QUOTE]

I've found that the breaking the box down and sandwiching method works best. Basically, you break down the GBA game box and cardboard insert (that holds the actual cart) and sandwich them between two strong pieces of cardboard. Then stick the manuals, leaflets, and cart in a little Ziploc bag. Stick every in a bubble mailer and ship it. Then the recipient can just put it back together.

I've sent and received GBA games in those regular brown shipping boxes before but I found that some times, any external forces on the shipping box is transferred to whatever's inside due the filler (packing peanuts, bubble wrap, etc.) transferring the pressure to the game box.

Say a larger, heaver box falls on your box and crushes it during transit... well, chances are, the GBA game box gets a little crushed too due to the external pressure.

The problem is is that most people don't like their games sent this way. And when I request my GBA sent that way, people just get confused...:whistle2:?

[quote name='Vinny']I've found that the breaking the box down and sandwiching method works best. Basically, you break down the GBA game box and cardboard insert (that holds the actual cart) and sandwich them between two strong pieces of cardboard. Then stick the manuals, leaflets, and cart in a little Ziploc bag. Stick every in a bubble mailer and ship it. Then the recipient can just put it back together.

I've sent and received GBA games in those regular brown shipping boxes before but I found that some times, any external forces on the shipping box is transferred to whatever's inside due the filler (packing peanuts, bubble wrap, etc.) transferring the pressure to the game box.

Say a larger, heaver box falls on your box and crushes it during transit... well, chances are, the GBA game box gets a little crushed too due to the external pressure.

The problem is is that most people don't like their games sent this way. And when I request my GBA sent that way, people just get confused...:whistle2:?[/quote]Yeah, I always requested people on ebay to send it like that but they always get confused and just send it in a box with tons of bubble wrap.

Although, one time it did not work and my sealed FF tactics box was squashed. :(

[quote name='Vinny']I've found that the breaking the box down and sandwiching method works best. Basically, you break down the GBA game box and cardboard insert (that holds the actual cart) and sandwich them between two strong pieces of cardboard. Then stick the manuals, leaflets, and cart in a little Ziploc bag. Stick every in a bubble mailer and ship it. Then the recipient can just put it back together.

The problem is is that most people don't like their games sent this way. And when I request my GBA sent that way, people just get confused...:whistle2:?[/quote]

Unfortunately, that's the same method the big bootleg shops seem to use. (Mostly because that's the way everything gets printed.) But yeah, the GBA boxes are the most fragile things in existence.

[quote name='evilmrhenry']Unfortunately, that's the same method the big bootleg shops seem to use. (Mostly because that's the way everything gets printed.) But yeah, the GBA boxes are the most fragile things in existence.[/QUOTE]

sounds like you never own a gamegear

[quote name='Access_Denied']When shipping disc games, take a small piece of tape and put it over the center hole of the disc and the. This prevents the disc from falling off and getting scratched.[/quote]Hmm....I ordered a copy of SH3 from gamestop awhile back and they did that with a huge piece of tape and when I got the game I pulled the tape off and a large piece of the top of the disk peeled off. The foily part with the game data.

Boy was I pissed! I returned it to the local GS store and sadly they did not have any copies of it. I got my 30$ back though.

bread's done
Back