Best way to stream media on computers to TV?

Kyo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I need to somehow stream movies that is on my computer (either movie clips or streaming movies off a site such as youtube) to show on my big screen TV. So far the only one that sounds that would work perfectly with this idea would be the SlingCatcher.

Unfortunately, the Slingcatcher hasn't been released yet and probably cost around 100-200 range. :bomb:

Anybody have any clever ideas on getting to this done?

Get a really long cable that connects your computer and TV? That'd be the cheapest but I'm guessing you're looking for a wireless solution. But those aren't exactly cheap, as you already found out I see.

a media center PC (Vista or XP Media Center Edition) and a media center extender (Xbox 360 or any other extender) is what you need.....

Before I got a DVD player that can play divx, I just stream from PC to moded Xbox. It is great watching just about anything. XBMC is easily the greatest homebrew ever make.

You'll need:

-- Power Drill
-- Really long DVI-D cable
-- Something to feed something through something else
-- Courage

Then, drill a hole in one wall. Feed the really long cable through that hole. Drill a hole in the other wall, and feed the cable through there. Connect. Enjoy.

Seriously. It's kinda like wireless, because you don't see any cable, but it's better, because it's cheaper.

xbox360cv6.jpg

bread's done
Back