Best way to unload a bunch of old games?

grifta67

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hello!

So I decided to finally clear out a bunch of old games that just won't ever get played again.  It's really a motley crew of games, most of which are notably old, so I'm curious what you all think would be the best avenue to send them off to a new home and get *something* back.

Don't get me wrong, I'm realistic and know these are old enough I'll be lucky to get even a pittance, but I figured it's worth looking into.

Craigslist? ebay? Amazon?

Thanks!

-Sean

PS3
Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
Borderlands
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
Dead Space 2: Limited Edition
Duke Nukem Forever
Final Fantasy XIII
LittleBigPlanet
MLB 11: The Show
NCAA Football 11
NHL 11
NHL 13
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Split/Second
Wet

Wii
A Boy and His Blob
Elebits
Ghost Squad
Link's Crossbow Training
MadWorld
Nerf N-Strike Elite
Super Mario Galaxy

Xbox 360
Call of Duty 4
Child of Eden
Crackdown
Dead Rising
Dead Space
Fallout 3
Gears of War
Green Day: Rock Band
Kinect Adventures
Mass Effect
Mass Effect 3
NCAA Football 08
NCAA Football 10
Prince of Persia
Rainbow Six Vegas
Red Faction: Guerilla
Rock Band 2
Rock Band: LEGO
Scene It
Smackdown vs Raw 2008
Sneak King
Star Wars 2: The Original Trilogy
Street Fighter 4
Table Tennis
Virtua Tennis
You Don't Know Jack

do a lowball here. or just post up a nice trade list!

I am interested in a couple if they are complete so I am sending a PM

I am interested in a few, depending on the condition.

Dead Space

Fallout 3

Green Day Rockband

Rockband Lego
All but LEGO are complete with case/manual. LEGO: RB is in one of those dopey Gamestop used cases, no manual and so-so disc quality (although it played fine when I bought it).

do a lowball here. or just post up a nice trade list!

I am interested in a couple if they are complete so I am sending a PM
Heh, there's some humor somewhere in here about me asking CAGs for advice but not considering just selling them on CAG. I'm not sure I know how lowballs work. I've checked out those threads in the past, even looking at the Rules post, and still didn't really follow. Is it just a straight auction by forum? I think I was under the impression there was some gimmick to it.

Thanks!

-Sean

straight auction by forum?

Thanks!

-Sean
Yes --

In my opinion, best way to get rid of your games and get some $$$ is to unload them off here. Because if you go to ebay you'll have to deal with their stupid fees same goes for Amazon. As for craiglist, i wouldn't fuck with it, unless you live in a good area.

Yes --

In my opinion, best way to get rid of your games and get some $$$ is to unload them off here. Because if you go to ebay you'll have to deal with their stupid fees same goes for Amazon. As for craiglist, i wouldn't fuck with it, unless you live in a good area.
Thankfully I live in San Francisco so Craigslist is a pretty reliable option. But yea, I'll work on dishing them out here for a bit, I've had some good success just today since posting.

Well, you could start by giving me a good deal on these! :)

PS3
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
Final Fantasy XIII
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction

Wii
A Boy and His Blob
Elebits
Super Mario Galaxy

Four options I would consider, depending on how valuable your time is:

1) Lowball auction on CAG is the fastest way to go for certain, but you may not get a good return on some of the games.

2) Almost equally fast is to sell everything as a lot on craigslist, and only sell it together as a lot.  You will have to undervalue the lot, but it would all be over in one shot.  Not sure how the arrangement would be done, I don't like random people coming to my house, and I certainly wouldn't bring that much stuff to a third party location.

3) Start an individual FS thread here on CAG, do some research on the games (either quickly on VGPC.com, or on eBay through recently sold items), and price things fairly (significantly lower than eBay prices).  The fairer the price, the more likely they'll move.  Toss in a lesser game here and there to sweeten the deal if someone wants to haggle on the prices. It'll take more time in moving the games, but at least you don't have to go crazy posting 40+ listings on eBay.

4)  If you don't mind going the eBay route, you will get the most value for the games (and are patient enough for them to sell), even after considering the fees and shipping.  It would be best to take pictures of each game (or at least describe accurately enough with a stock photo), but it would be worth it for some games.

You can try grouping two similar games together in one listing (saves on listing time and shipping costs), such as ME and ME3 together.  I wouldn't bother doing this for the common sports titles, only if the average selling price in eBay is at least $10 or more for a similar condition.

Rough idea for any game that you sell at $10 (including shipping), you would take about $6 after fees and shipping.  A $20 dollar game would be about $15 in take home profit, as a rough idea of return vs. what you would get selling on CAG.

List 3 lots on ebay, 99 cent no reserve.  The plus side is that you only have to send out one package instead of dealing with a bunch of people individually.  Downside is that you might not get as much.

bread's done
Back